Telehealth Advanced Practice Clinician (Full Time)
Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2022
All positions are fully remote from protected states in the eyes of abortion law (CA, CT, DE, IL, MA, NJ, NM, NY, CO, HI, MD, VT, and WA)
We are Hey Jane, a virtual reproductive and sexual health clinic that always puts patients first.
From day one, we've been committed to providing safe, discreet medication abortion treatment—and have helped more than 30,000 people get the care they need. Today, we offer a range of reproductive and sexual health care services from the comfort and convenience of your phone. Our in-house clinical care team, composed of board certified doctors, advanced practice clinicians, nurses, and patient care advocates, is just a text message away. We’re committed to helping our patients get safe, discreet, judgment-free virtual health care, from a team that truly cares.
We are looking for providers eager to be at the forefront of a new model of care delivery that leverages telemedicine to challenge the status quo in healthcare. As a Hey Jane provider, you will provide medication abortion care to patients via Hey Jane’s online platform. Patients can opt for video or asynchronous appointments with a provider in order to be approved for treatment. Prescribers are responsible for reviewing patients’ medical intake responses, communicating with them via our HIPAA-compliant messaging app or on a live video appointment, and determining if they are eligible for online medication abortion treatment. Medications are then prescribed to a mail order pharmacy and sent directly to the patient. Administrative tasks, patient education and support, non-urgent medical support, and follow up review will primarily be done by our nursing and patient advocate teams. Medical prescribers will be responsible for responding to medical inquiries from patients that require further medical evaluation, as well as directing nursing staff regarding referrals and additional prescriptions, as necessary.
- Active Board Certification, in good standing to practice medicine
- Active state licensure (NP, PA-C, CNM)
- Willing and eligible to apply for additional licenses
- DEA License (or ability to obtain)
- 1+ year experience providing abortion & reproductive healthcare
- Interest in providing caring and compassionate services to diverse population with a non-judgmental, patient-centered approach
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Skilled at using online tools and technology to deliver care and communicate with patients
- Professional commitment to mission, philosophy and goals of Hey Jane. Adheres to Hey Jane’s policies and is committed to act legally and ethically within the scope of work.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where processes may change quickly and frequently
- Eager to engage in constant process improvement to refine our tools and operations for improved care delivery
- No restrictions on ability to be credentialed with Medicaid or other payers
- Additional licenses in the following states: NY, WA, CA, IL, CO, NM, NJ, CT
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Startup experience
- Competency in providing trauma-informed care
- 1+ year of telehealth experience
At Hey Jane, we work towards the vision of having equitable healthcare, changing the status quo, and rebuilding the way people experience healthcare—and bring that same vision to our workplace. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive environment, and encourage all applicants from every background and life experience.