Working with the Data Science team, the Data Scientist will be responsible for developing the next generation of AI solutions at Hawkeye 360. They will take recommendations from the Senior Data Scientist and focus on areas of analytics exploration which will separate HawkEye 360 from the field of competitors. They will harness the power of AI and Machine Learning to model key aspects of RF data producing leap ahead capabilities that will power HawkEye 360’s advance in the market.
The right candidate must be a creative problem solver with a desire to constantly expand their knowledge and technical skills by tackling challenging problems. The candidate will look beyond the data, developing domain specific knowledge , to discover and model underlying trends and patterns. They will need to leverage their knowledge of signal processing, statistics, machine learning, and AI to create effective solutions to tackle real-world problems.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate should be excited to work with unique types of data, and develop algorithms that leverage data driven ML approaches, expert features/intuition, and domain specific modeling. Additionally, they will collaborate with engineering to transition R&D analytical solutions to production level code, integrating these solutions into existing pipelines in a cloud environment.
- Research ML/AI techniques and apply them to relevant problems
- Iterate and refine models for applicable solutions
- Collect, process, and transform data
- Create reports and demos to clearly state problems, process, and solutions
- Integrate solutions into existing codebases
- Identify new data sets that can be integrated into solutions
Education and experience:
- MS or PhD in engineering, mathematics, computer science, physics or related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience with MS, 1+ years with PhD
- 3+ years of Python development experience using common Data Science Libraries such as Pandas, Matplotlib, NumPy, SciPy, and scikit-learn
- 1+ years of experience with at least one machine learning framework such as PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Experience using machine learning and statistical analysis for building data-driven product solutions or performing methodological research
- A practical understanding and ability to implement basic to advanced ML algorithms used in clustering, classification and representation learning
- Can solve programing problems related to data structures, recursion, search/sort, and regular expressions
- An understanding of fundamental signal processing ideas and techniques, such as linear systems, filtering, time-frequency transforms, etc.
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Clear and effective means of communication
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced work environment
- Publications in Machine Learning, statistics, data science, AI, Engineering, computer science, or related technical fields
- Developed or deployed ML models and Algorithms using cloud based tools like Amazon Lambda functions, Step Functions, ECS, EKS, etc.
- Experience in production level software development in Python or lower level languages such as C++
- Background in Geo-spatial and/or RF technologies
- Experience using graph databases, algorithms and Graph Learning
HawkEye 360 offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus, stock options, and benefits. We consider many factors when determining salary offers, such as candidate's work experience, education, training & skills, as well as market and business considerations. We are also open to considering candidates with experience and qualifications at a different level than required in a job posting, which may affect the compensation package offered.
HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial analytics to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates a commercial satellite constellation that detects, geolocates, and identifies a broad range of signals & behaviors. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
HawkEye 360 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: HawkEye 360 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HawkEye 360 employees or any other organization location. HawkEye 360 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.