Vice President, Government Affairs and Public Policy
The Vice-President of Government Relations and Public Policy will represent and advocate for HawkEye 360 programs and legislative initiatives on Capitol Hill, with Member Offices and Committees, as well as political leadership in the Executive Branch. In addition, the Director will represent the company and lead engagement with think-tanks, non-profits, trade association, and other groups. As needed, the Director will also support Foreign, State, and local government engagements to include engaging with foreign embassies. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The reporting location for the position is in the Washington, D. C. area.As the Vice President, Government Affairs and Public Policy , your main responsibilities will be:
- Generate and sustain enduring relationships with key Committee staff and Members of Congress (especially relevant program/account monitors) and relevant personal staff.
- Support foreign government and international public policy engagements, including working within Washington D.C. and the embassy community to promote company business objectives with key overseas government customers.
- Help devise and implement HawkEye 360 Government Relations and Public Policy strategies.
- Demonstrate an ability to anticipate, understand, react, shape, and influence Congressional and Executive Branch actions that impact the company’s interests.
- Prepare senior leadership for meetings with Members of Congress, Committee staff, and Executive Branch Officials.
- Prepare advocacy strategy and action plans to advance HawkEye 360 program and policy initiatives.
- Represent HawkEye 360 at fundraisers, industry, and trade association events.
- Prepare and advance hearing questions and questions for the record centered on HawkEye 360 priorities.
- Manage internal staff and consultants as required.
- Be a thought leader in the community, including engaging in industry association activities and participating in events of interest to HawkEye 360.
- Participate in developing and executing the HawkEye 360 Employee Action Fund (PAC) plan, including service on PAC management.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Education and experience:
- Bachelors degree (any field) or related experience. Higher-level degrees are a plus (e.g. Masters, Ph.D., J.D.).
- Eligible for a TS/SCI security clearance. Holding an active security clearance at the TS/SCI level is a plus.
- Experience working on or with Capitol Hill for at least 10 years especially within defense and/or intelligence-related matters.
- Deep understanding of the Federal budgeting, authorization, and appropriations process.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments with collaboration skills.
- Willing and able to work in a dynamic environment and possess an innovative spirit.
- Effective in working with people at all levels of an organization and willing to contribute wherever needed, providing leadership to operational activities as well as senior executives.
- Diplomacy, influencing, communication and team skills.
- Ability to travel.
HawkEye 360 offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus, benefits, and stock options. We consider many factors when determining salary offers, such as candidate's work experience, education, training & skills, as well as market and business considerations. We are also open to considering candidates with experience and qualifications at a different level than required in a job posting, which may affect the compensation package offered.
HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial analytics to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates a commercial satellite constellation that detects, geolocates, and identifies a broad range of signals & behaviors. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
HawkEye 360 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: HawkEye 360 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HawkEye 360 employees or any other organization location. HawkEye 360 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.