HawkEye 360 is seeking a motivated Technical Writer to join the Product and Technology team. Your primary role will be to build and maintain technical content for end users using HawkEye 360’s APIs and RF data products. You will work closely across design, product, and engineering to develop technical content supporting external-facing APIs, developer portals, and data/analytics interfaces. The ideal candidate will bring a track record of technical writing experience, strategic thinking, and developer engagement; and will be able to support an outstanding user experience for developers and system integrators.As the Technical Writer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop technical content that improves the user experience and allows developers to more effectively use HawkEye 360 products: API documentation, reference material, user guides, tutorials, webinars, etc
- Organize, edit, and maintain technical content across a developer portal that supports an accurate, up-to-date, and professional representation of HawkEye 360 capabilities
- Serve as a voice of external developers at HawkEye 360. Understand and represent user needs, challenges, and goals, and help align internal efforts towards positive user outcomes
- Collaborate with marketing to build and support unified messaging and public content for end users and system integrators
- Engage directly with users; understand the effectiveness of existing documentation and technical materials to determine best use of effort for future improvements
Essential education and experience:
- B.S. degree in technical field, or English/communication/journalism/etc plus a strong technical background; or equivalent experience
- 3+ years as a technical writer with experience in the developer ecosystem (APIs, AWS or other cloud services, etc)
- Strong technical communication skills; demonstrated ability to write accurate, concise, and actionable documentation, tutorials, software examples, etc
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technical skills towards building tutorials, walkthroughs, etc
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively with wide company functions including engineering, product, design, marketing, and legal
- Experience documenting, using, or integrating developer-facing tooling: APIs, software products, cloud services, etc
- Experience contributing to the entire lifecycle of a customer-facing API. Intuitive understanding of best-practices (and anti-patterns) of building tools for developers
- Experience publishing, maintaining, or contributing to open source repos
HawkEye 360 offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus and benefits. We consider many factors when determining salary offers, such as candidate's work experience, education, training & skills, as well as market and business considerations. We are also open to considering candidates with experience and qualifications at a different level than required in a job posting, which may affect the compensation package offered.
HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial analytics to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates a commercial satellite constellation that detects, geolocates, and identifies a broad range of signals & behaviors. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
HawkEye 360 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: HawkEye 360 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HawkEye 360 employees or any other organization location. HawkEye 360 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?