Senior System Engineer
IT, Other Engineering
Herndon, VA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
The Senior System Engineer develops software models of the current and future performance, functionality, and business value of the HawkEye360 space and ground system. These models include technical and financial inputs and outputs to inform decisions about development, product and service-level design, capacity planning, and return-on-investment.As the Senior System Engineer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Build expertise in the operation Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites, the communications systems available to offload data to users, the HE360 commercial business model, RF collection, geolocation processing, data science and analytics.
- Take ownership of the System Engineering roadmap, setting incremental goals to develop and demonstrate results monthly, and reacting to feedback, new requirements, and prioritization requests.
- Focus on clear presentation and visualization of system models and output, targeting both business and technical stakeholders.
- Develop in Python using industry standard data visualization, analysis, and statistical tools.
- Collaborate closely with development and operations engineers and leadership to make wise decisions about the necessary complexity of software models to answer specific technical and business questions.
- Provide technical inputs to proposals or customer inquiries to represent current, future, and notional capabilities clearly and accurately.
- Leverage modern software best practices and incorporate existing HE360 software (Python, Java, C++) and open-source tools into system models whenever possible.
- Guide and mentor other contributors
- Performs other duties as assigned
Essential education and experience:
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or a scientific discipline; or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience developing complex products and systems using high level programming languages
- Familiarity with Agile development approaches, CI/CD, and configuration management with Git
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or a scientific discipline
- Experience in delivery of complex hardware and software systems, particularly in the satellite, space, intelligence, or communications industries
- Experience with STK or other orbit and space system modeling software.
- Experience modeling and analyzing business process risk
HawkEye 360 offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus and benefits. We consider many factors when determining salary offers, such as candidate's work experience, education, training & skills, as well as market and business considerations. We are also open to considering candidates with experience and qualifications at a different level than required in a job posting, which may affect the compensation package offered.
HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial analytics to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates a commercial satellite constellation that detects, geolocates, and identifies a broad range of signals & behaviors. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
HawkEye 360 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: HawkEye 360 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HawkEye 360 employees or any other organization location. HawkEye 360 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at HawkEye 360
Something looks off?