Content & Research Lead
Within Grata, exists a wealth of data, information, and insights. Help us transform that data into the go-to private market content brand.
About the role
As the Content & Research Lead at Grata, you will be responsible for developing a media platform to grow brand loyalty and generate leads. Become the voice of Grata by immersing yourself in our product, getting to know our customers, following industry trends - and translating your findings into a digestible content asset. We’re looking for someone with at least 4 years of exposure to M&A, private equity, and/or private market investing in a research, journalism, or content development role. You should also be passionate about building new things and love a challenge!
In addition to creating our media brand, your responsibilities will include owning our resource center, continuing our successful webinar program, contributing copy to advertising campaigns, and supporting new product launches.
This role sits on the marketing team and reports to the Director of Marketing. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with our Co-Founders and Product and Commercial leadership.
- Build and grow a truly proprietary content brand utilizing data and insights from Grata that establishes us as the leader in private markets
- Build demand-gen content assets to generate leads and support prospects throughout the buyer journey
- Tell the story of Grata through our incredible customers with case studies, videos, and quotes
- Own long-form content channels including blog, resource pages, SEO articles and optimize their performance to hit business goals
- Own and grow our successful webinar program
- Grow Grata’s social media following across all platforms, with a focus on LinkedIn
- Refine our tone and voice guidelines and serve as the in-house expert
- Craft and edit short-form copy for ads, web, email, and social
- 4+ years of professional experience working in a technology position; or related investment banking, equity research, consulting, or journalism experienceExperience writing within the above fields - and a demonstrated ability to translate data into digestible, compelling insights
- Passionate about the material. You live and breathe M&A, fintech, et al.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and strategies that drive organic traffic Comfort with data - both in writing about it and using it to evaluate the success of your content Excellent storytelling abilities - You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Bonus points if you have experience with design software and/or video editing software
Grata is the first search engine for company discovery, providing a single source of truth to find small to middle market private companies. We are developing cutting-edge search technology leveraging NLP and ML to automate the B2B research process on millions of small and medium businesses in the U.S. We’ve recently experienced significant growth and raised capital from top investors who built Google and transformed the finance industry.
When we find the right person, we strive to put our best foot forward with an offer we hope you find compelling. Actual compensation packages at the time of offers are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including, but not limited to: what you’d like to be paid, the skills/experience you bring and any role-dependent factors such as software expertise, what similar jobs pay in the NYC area, and our commitment to equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. The compensation for this role is targeted at $90,000 to $120,000, plus equity. Transparency is a core value at Grata, and we welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
Grata is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. Grata welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.