At Grata, we're seeking a seasoned Software Engineer with a strong focus on backend engineering. The ideal candidate is a passionate engineer who has a proven track record in creating efficient and high-performance technology. If you're eager to contribute to a state-of-the-art private company search engine, we'd like to meet you. The successful candidate will leverage their deep understanding of engineering principles, excellent system designs, and product thinking to propel our data systems and applications forward, providing even more value for our enterprise users.
About the Role:
- Craft high-quality code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for scalable software systems. Uphold and advocate for these standards during code review.
- You will work closely with a Full Stack team to deliver new user experiences
- Drive improvements to product quality, security, and performance that impact your team
- Optimize the runtime of our distributed system, including AWS services, databases, and our search engine. Your goal will be to achieve ambitious performance targets at all levels of our architecture, from the customer-facing API down to the lowest layer.
- Collaborate with Machine Learning Engineers to develop new AI-powered features.
- Design and deploy scalable data infrastructure within a distributed event-driven architecture.
- Prototype and experiment with new technologies and tools as part of ongoing innovation efforts.
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience as a Software Engineer.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Solid experience with Python / Java.
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience working with and building user facing features.
- Familiarity with AWS and its suite of services.
- Experience working with event-driven microservice architectures in production environments.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration on features from the conceptual phase through to release.
- Bonus points if you have experience with ElasticSearch or MongoDB
- Based in New York City or willing to relocate, and open to a hybrid working environment requiring at least 3 days in-office per week.
- NYC based, we have a flexible hybrid model where we work in-office Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
Grata is the first search engine for company discovery, providing a single source of truth to find small to middle market private companies. We are developing cutting-edge search technology leveraging NLP and ML to automate the B2B research process on millions of small and medium businesses in the U.S. We’ve recently experienced significant growth and raised capital from top investors who built Google and transformed the finance industry.
When we find the right person, we strive to put our best foot forward with an offer we hope you find compelling. Actual compensation packages at the time of offers are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including, but not limited to: what you’d like to be paid, the skills/experience you bring and any role-dependent factors such as software expertise, what similar jobs pay in the NYC area, and our commitment to equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. The compensation for this role is targeted at $125,000-$140,000, plus equity. Transparency is a core value at Grata, and we welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
Grata is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. Grata welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. At this time, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa.