Specialist, Inventory Fulfillment and Logistics, Part Time
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
This position is 100% On-site in San Francisco, CA
Who we are
Getaround is the world’s first connected carsharing marketplace. Launched in 2011, Getaround is available today in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Europe.
We connect safe, convenient, and affordable cars with people who need them to live and work via our peer-to-peer marketplace. Our proprietary connected car technology allows guests to book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys, unlike traditional rental car services.
Getaround is focused on providing economic opportunities to local communities. Our community includes guests who rely on our cars for on-demand mobility and entrepreneurial hosts (car owners) who share cars on our platform including those who operate their own carsharing businesses.
Through carsharing, we aim to lessen greenhouse gasses and reduce pollution. Studies show that when carsharing is available, people drive less and drive vehicles more appropriate for their use case, which can reduce household carbon emissions by up to 40%. Also, shared cars are used more frequently and retired more quickly, accelerating the adoption of newer, more energy-efficient vehicles.
Our mission is to empower people to carshare everywhere by enabling the shift away from car ownership, want to join us?
The Inventory Fulfillment & Logistics Specialist is responsible for processing twice weekly outbound fulfillment and inbound returns of our proprietary hardware and accessories, while providing proactive communication to ensure inventory levels are adequate. Your detailed organization and methodical thinking will ensure our fulfillment arm runs smoothly and defined SLAs are met. The best part? You have flexibility in determining your schedule! This is a part time position (8-12 hours per week) and needs to be onsite 2 days per week, ideally non-consecutive days, and complete open POs in 4-6 hours shifts.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain accurate inventory counts, track active SKUs utilizing inventory management software and conduct physical counts as needed
- Physically fulfill and manage POs (~40+/mo) daily
- Create shipping profiles and maintain data cleanliness with our FedEx business account
- Follow SOPs for all processes surrounding shipping to ensure SLAs and budgets are met and update as needed
- Maintain optimal warehouse layout and cleanliness
- Ensure all inventory, tools and supplies are in their correct locations and re-stocked at end of shift
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company information, data, and systems.
- Ensure that security policies and procedures are followed
What you’ll need
- Minimum of 1+ years of relevant work experience. Can be a combination of training, education, and relevant work experience
- Comfortability with learning new and existing shipping tools (UPS/FedEx), warehouse management systems, and/or order processing systems
- Working knowledge of Google Suite, primarily Gmail, Google Sheets, and Google Docs and Slack
- Ability to work independently and effectively with diverse teams
- Strong work ethic and punctuality
- Excellent and proactive communications skills
- Be able to lift 50 pounds (with or without accommodations)
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!
See more open positions at Getaround
Something looks off?