Client Support Specialist (remote)
Client Support Specialist (CSS) (remote)
At Genome Medical, we are dedicated to providing greater access to genetic care for our patients! Accelerate your career as a Client Support Specialist (CSS) today with Genome Medical.
We are also committed to providing our employees the support they need. The hourly salary for this position is between $19.50-$22.81 an hour. Please note that this range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level and competencies.
We offer medical, dental and vision packages as well as many other perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family’s needs.
Some of our benefits include:
- Generous PTO and sick time
- Paid Personal Leave
- Paternity & Maternity Leave
- 401k Match
- Up to $500 remote office reimbursement
- AD&D Short & Long-Term Disability
- HSA & FSA Medical and Dependent Care
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- And much MORE!
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our growing team. This role may be right for you if:
- you have prior experience in customer service, healthcare and/or patient relations in a biotech setting.
- you seek to provide empathetic care and proactively assist patients with finding the genomic services they need.
- you have a strong desire to deliver exceptional care, quality standards, and can also manage confidential personal health information (PHI).
- you have a strong knowledge of billing practices and EOB's in a similar remote setting.
Our Client Support Specialist (CSS) will serve as the first point of contact for patients and individuals interested in using Genome Medical services. In addition, the CSS will provide individualized customer support via phone, chat or email and establish a positive rapport with potential patients. Some of your responsibilities and essential duties may include:
- Serves as the frontline in support for individuals navigating through their Genome Medical journey or are interested in using Genome Medical services.
- Establishes positive rapport with patients and providers while providing personalized customer care via phone, chat, or email.
- Resolves customer inquiries in meeting with Genome Medical’s standards for quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Develops as a subject matter expert in Genome Medical services, digital tools, products, and processes.
- Meets and exceeds established individual performance goals and KPIs.
- Maintains HIPAA regulation compliance through all internal and external communications.
- Escalates and triages requests as appropriate to Team Leaders and cross functional departments.
- Provides organized feedback about patient interactions on a regular cadence.
- Supports corrective measures aimed at increasing service utilization metrics.
- Additional responsibilities as they relate to the position and needs of the department.
- Available Shift
- 8:30 AM-5 PM PST
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Advanced education or equivalent experience in a related field and 2+ years of experience in healthcare, customer service, or patient relations is required.
- 1 year+ experience in communicating health insurance processes, EOBs, and billing and coverage benefits required.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening) with ability to collaboratively engage with all customers, patients, and teammates in a solution-oriented, remote environment.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and utilize available resources to best address patient needs.
- Understands and meets the specifications and requirements of a HIPAA compliant environment.
- Strong organizational skills to facilitate information, manage time, meet set metric expectations, and execute accurate completion of all required procedures.
- Goal-oriented self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic role and adaptable to continuous growth and evolution of responsibilities.
- Passionate about continuous quality improvement and seeks to improve capabilities and solutions based on feedback.
- Strong proficiency in navigating various operational systems and applications such as Google Suite and Zoom and simultaneously able to work across multiple technology platforms.
- Experience with Zendesk is preferred. Experience with other CRM software is also a plus.
About Genome Medical:
Genome Medical™ is a genomics technology, services, and strategy company. As a nationwide virtual medical practice, we are dedicated to bringing genome-enabled health care to everyone through our extensive network of genetic specialists.
Founded by personalized medicine pioneers Dr. Randy Scott, Dr. Robert Green, and Lisa Alderson, our goal is to bridge the growing gap between available genome technology and current medical practice. As genetic information becomes increasingly important in medicine, there are too few experts to meet the growing demand for interpretation. We are addressing this challenge by creating a scalable, efficient model for lifelong genome-centered health care. To learn more, please visit www.genomemedical.com or find us @GenomeMed on Twitter.
Something looks off?