Senior Software Engineer
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Senior Software Engineer
- Design, develop, and maintain software solutions for device backend applications, ensuring seamless integration with hardware components and systems, cloud, and enterprise infrastructure
- Utilize strong C++ skills to create efficient and reliable software that meets the performance requirements of hardware-oriented applications
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to understand hardware specifications, requirements, and constraints, ensuring software compatibility and functionality
- Demonstrate expertise in debugging complex software and hardware interactions, quickly identifying, and resolving issues to maintain system stability
- Create comprehensive documentation, including design specifications, coding standards, and user manuals, ensuring clear communication within the team
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in hardware-oriented software development, with a strong understanding of the interplay between software and hardware components
- Proficiency in debugging complex software and hardware interactions, utilizing industry-standard tools and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to collaborate effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders
- Proficiency in software architecture design, including designing scalable and maintainable software systems, as well as experience in selecting appropriate architectural patterns and technologies to address project requirements
- Expertise in firmware development, encompassing low-level programming, hardware abstraction layers (HAL), and device drivers for various hardware components and interfaces
- Experience working with hardware communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, and CAN, enabling seamless interaction between software and hardware components
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.