Director, Marketing and Sales Enablement
Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allows Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe brings deep logistics expertise and enterprise-grade technology to deliver innovative eCommerce fulfillment, retail distribution, same-day delivery, and network capacity programs to the Fortune 500. Flexe is transforming the $1.6T logistics industry.
Director, Marketing and Sales Enablement
The Director, Marketing and Sales Enablement is responsible for working directly with the Flexe commercial team to develop marketing strategies that acquire prospects as well as retain and grow existing accounts. This role will be focused on leading the team that ensures the Flexe commercial teams have what they need to tell a consistent, persuasive story through materials, presentations, proposals, and increase recurring revenue from new and existing customers. Leading the Marketing Communications and Demand Generation functions, this role also creates end-to-end marketing programs to increase awareness and engagement with Flexe across earned and owned channels delivering account-based acquisition, advertising, email, and engagement programs that accelerate pipeline creation and drive new revenue. They will define the brand and communications roadmap to match Flexe’s 6, 12, and 18-month category creation goals. This position reports to the COO.
Team Development and Management:
- Lead, manage and develop the Sales Enablement, Demand Generation, Marketing Communications, and Product Marketing functions and teams.
- Oversee the selection and management of contractors and vendors, including brand design agency, PR team, third-party content partners (when applicable), freelance writers and designers, photographers and videographers, and event design and support
- Oversee multi-million dollar marketing budget
Sales Enablement responsibilities:
- Strategically partner with the Business Development, Account Management and Network Development teams to create programs that result in persuasive sales content, presentation, proposal materials, and a world-class QBR program
- Act as a conduit to the Business Development and Account Management teams and provide the marketing organization a sense of what messages do and don’t resonate with prospects and customers
- Oversee Product Marketing to develop customer-specific sales planning and support tools, including battle cards, and competitive matrices
- Develop a world-class customer advocacy program to drive customer expansion opportunities
- Work closely with and influence Account-Based Marketing, Marketing Communications and Account Management teams to develop marketing programs that drive new revenue opportunities from existing customers
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs within vertical industries to align messaging and marketing programs
- Plan and execute small to large scale events for potential and existing customers
- Develop commercial training program to support on-boarding, feature and capability launches, and messaging and material introduction and usage
Demand Generation responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of Flexe target segments, accounts and customer journey cycle to determine the optimal demand generation strategies and tactics
- Develop extensive contact acquisition and nurture programs
- Leverage marketing automation tools (Pardot) and lead management to streamline workflows
- Continually measure performance and optimize across channels, including but not limited to LinkedIn, Google, trade publications and other advertising medium
- Coordinate with Product and Product Marketing teams to align demand generation strategies with product / feature go-to-market
- Drive awareness and engagement of thought leadership
- Coordinate across Sales Enablement, Customer Programs and Sales functions to create account based demand generation programs
Marketing Communications responsibilities:
- Define the strategic initiatives and goals for Marketing Communications and how they support broader Marketing and company-wide goals OKRs
- Drive and increase awareness of Flexe across owned, earned, contributed, and sponsored content
- Oversee the Marketing team to develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns and product launches, including PR support, digital marketing (web and advertising), content, and more (air cover)
- Oversee the Flexe brand and its evolution; develop materials and processes to ensure consistency across both internal and external materials
- Position Flexe as a thought leader in the industry through engaging content themes with supporting data and research, and relevant and timely media pitches
- Manage Flexe external conference and events schedule
- Collaborate with the Flexe leadership team and establish spokespeople as industry experts, and guide the development of external event presentations and media briefings
- 8 years experience in B2B Product / Solution Marketing, Sales Enablement, or Field Marketing
- B.A. degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years in logistics and/or 7 years in enterprise technology
- Deep experience with Salesforce.com and Pardot required
- Experience utilizing Terminus, or other account based advertising platforms, managing contact acquisition vendors, etc. preferred
- Experience in logistics and/or B2B software
- Experience building customer marketing and sales enablement programs from the ground up
- Best-in-class presentation, proposal, and sales material creation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High sense of urgency and desire for excellence
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Advanced degree preferred
The salary range for this role is $184,500 to $215,300 depending, in part, on candidate location. Recruiting will confirm the specific range for the candidate location in the initial phone screen. All employees receive company equity as part of their compensation package. This role is eligible for an annual company bonus. The target annual company bonus for this role is 10% of base salary. The target annual bonus for this role is 20% of base salary based on achievement against specific metrics. The bonus may be paid in the form of cash or equity depending on your role.
Our benefits package at Flexe is thoughtfully designed to help our employees lead healthy lives inside and outside of work.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible Time Off: FTO allows you to take time off with pay for vacation, sick days, or other personal reasons plus 10 standard holidays.
- 2 days of volunteer PTO
- 12 weeks of company-paid parental leave
- Fully remote, in-office, or hybrid work environment
- $300 home office stipend and monthly home internet reimbursement
- Employee support groups, social groups, and mentorship program
- Employee-driven programs for volunteering
- Manager development program and resources
- Access to free LinkedIn Learning courses
Flexe participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
Flexe is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allow Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision.