Fernish... so much to say! We're on a mission to make it effortless to create your home. We offer premium furniture and décor for bite-size monthly payments, and then you can decide later what to keep, return, or swap out. Think of us as the Stitch Fix for creating a space and home you love. And at our core, we are a circular commerce business built around asset recycling and reuse, which it turns out isn't just great for margins, but it's also great for the environment.
We were founded in 2017 and are backed by some of the best investors out there - from Khosla Ventures on the institutional side to Jeff Wilke, Amazon's former CEO of Worldwide Consumer, on the individual side. We've been featured in a slew of national publications from The New York Times to Fast Company - which we think of less through the lens of vanity and more through the lens of validating our product-market fit!
You'll be joining a team with an exceptionally close-knit culture and communication style - and you will be joining early enough to make a real impact on the long-term success and direction.
Our team is proud of the operating values below that we've built our culture around:
- Drive the mission: We exist to help people and make their lives more simple, flexible, and sustainable. All of our decisions should reflect that.
- Care for the communal: We care for our team, our customers, our communities, as well as the environment given our circular economy, mission-driven business model.
- Be empowered: We value ideas, initiatives and encourage action.
- Always get better: We encourage everyone to ask questions, never stop learning, and never settle for the status quo.
- Disagree without being disagreeable: We encourage open, honest, and respectful exchanges of ideas and opinions.
- Embrace humor: We take our work, but not always ourselves, too seriously!
Description of the role:
Fernish is seeking a talented and experienced Process Engineer to join our team. In this role, you'll be responsible for developing and improving our furniture delivery and warehouse operation processes. You'll work closely with our product development and operations teams to improve and standardize our warehouse and delivery operations with a focus on safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Become a subject matter expert in the Warehouse and Delivery operations at Fernish
- Design and implement efficient warehouse operation processes, using lean, six sigma, problem solving, and continuous improvement principles
- Partner with the warehouse managers and other business leaders to identify areas for process improvement and work with cross-functional teams to implement solutions
- Identify opportunities to solve inefficiencies with the use of technology (warehouse processes and information) and partner with product and engineering teams to develop requirements/solutions.
- Develop and maintain process documentation, including standard operating procedures, work instructions, training materials, and process flow diagrams
- Conduct time and motion studies to optimize refurbishment, delivery and warehouse processes to reduce cycle times
- Conduct training sessions for new processes and to sustain current processes, including Kaizen events
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety and environmental regulations
- 15%-20% travel to Fernish locations
About the candidate:
- You have experience in Operations, Engineering, Logistics, or related field
- You have 3+ years of experience in process engineering, preferably in the furniture or manufacturing industry
- You have a strong knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and experience running improvement programs or projects
- You have strong Project and Change Management skills
- You have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You thrive both working independently and in a team environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in the furniture or manufacturing industry
- Start-up experience, working with a fast-paced team and entrepreneurial environment
- Top-tier health, dental, and vision plans (company covers 75% cost for employees and 65% cost for dependents).
- Unlimited PTO plan, with encouragement for everyone to relax, refresh and recharge
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Fun work environment and team culture
- 50% off any furniture and décor through Fernish, after all, that's what we do!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fernish is a signatory to the PledgeLA commitment. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage all to apply - you will be welcomed and included as our team member and valued for your contributions and who you are! We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States - However, we are not able to sponsor any types of visas. We do not offer relocation assistance.
Salary Range: $85,000 - $90,000 per year
Something looks off?