Group Product Marketing Manager
Fauna is a distributed document-relational database delivered as a cloud API. With Fauna, developers can simplify code, reduce costs, and ship applications faster by replacing their database infrastructure with a highly productive and programmable data API that combines the power of custom business logic with the ease of GraphQL. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute engine is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets developers experience freedom from database operations at any scale.
We're disrupting a $60B+ operational database market, growing quickly, and looking to hire, develop and empower the best! You’ll be working with a talented team of people who have built highly successful companies and globally-distributed systems at companies such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, Okta, Oracle, Cloudera, MongoDB, NewRelic and Twitter.
Our Marketing team sets product positioning and Go-to-market strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We’re responsible for maximizing our products' potential, in order to delight our users and help Fauna grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
We are looking for an experienced product and solution marketing leader with a passion for databases and cloud infrastructure technology. As Group Product and Solution Marketing Manager for Fauna, you’ll be part of a dynamic team of marketers passionate about helping enterprise architects, engineering leaders, infrastructure and application owners achieve their business objectives with Fauna’s database. In this role, you’ll build on your product marketing and solution marketing skills to create top of funnel awareness and pipeline for Fauna. You’ll leverage subject matter experts, customers, analysts and industry experts to formulate the right mix of campaigns, content, launches, events, sales enablement and assets to achieve quarterly targets. This is a dynamic, cross-functional role with a high level of interaction with executive decision makers. If you feel energized by working as a team and passionate about solving problems for large enterprises, this role is definitely for you.
What You Will Do:
- As Group Product and Solution Marketing Manager, you’ll drive Fauna’s campaign and lead generation strategy, planning and execution
- You’ll partner closely with teams across Product, Sales and Marketing to execute this strategy with clearly defined and measurable metrics
- You’ll lead key work like user segmentation, campaign and solution messaging, and drive the strategy to increase awareness and adoption of Fauna
- Know the user: Become an expert on how customers evaluate and adopt Fauna- who needs a database? Why do they use them? How is Fauna differentiated in the market?
- Thought Leadership: Creating compelling, differentiated market points of view which resonate with Fauna’s Ideal Customer
- Continuously identify the pain points and use cases that Fauna helps our customers solve
- Collaborate with the Sales team to help identify objections, customer fit and competitive analysis. Drive sales enablement and asset creation
- Drive launches, key industry events, customer roundtables, references and referral programs
What You Will Bring:
- Passion for early stage environments, a collaborative approach to working, metrics-driven execution and history of achievement in competitive quota carrying environments
- 3+ years as a Product Marketer at a B2B, SaaS company
- Excellent writing and communication skills for technical-oriented topic
- Experience in orchestrating successful product launches
- Experience with sales campaign ideation and execution
- Bonus: Expertise in the database space
- Experience managing customer relationships through the lifecycle stages from adoption to expansion
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Passion for technology and ability to learn new concepts quickly
Nice to Have:
- 5+ years experience in SaaS or related direct sales
- Product Management, Computer Science or Engineering Background
- Previous experience selling to developer/VP Eng/CTO personas
- Previous infrastructure selling experience
- Experience using sales productivity tools (e.g. Salesforce, LinkedIn, Outreach)
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $170,000-$190,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity or other benefits which certain roles may be eligible for.
Fauna is a well-funded, high growth startup with the mission to make working with operational data productive, scalable and secure for every software team. We're backed by Madrona Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Addition Capital, CRV, and many Silicon Valley angel investors.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with remote employee presence throughout the Americas and Europe we embrace a remote first culture and offer employees the flexibility of work locations depending on their geography. In exchange for your hard work and contributions, Fauna provides you with an exceptional compensation, equity package, and benefits package.
Building a great company requires talented, passionate, and committed team members. We are relentless in pursuing our mission while working together as one team aligned by our core principles. If you are that type of person who is excited by those pursuits, we want to hear from you!
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, citizenship, immigration status, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.