Head of Alliances
Fauna is a distributed document-relational database delivered as a cloud API. With Fauna, developers can simplify code, reduce costs, and ship applications faster by replacing their database infrastructure with a highly productive and programmable data API that combines the power of custom business logic with the ease of GraphQL. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute engine is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets developers experience freedom from database operations at any scale.
We're disrupting a $60B+ operational database market, growing quickly, and looking to hire, develop and empower the best! You’ll be working with a talented team of people who have built highly successful companies and globally-distributed systems at companies such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, Okta, Oracle, Cloudera, MongoDB, NewRelic and Twitter.
We are looking for an experienced business development professional who understands how to work across technology, cloud hyperscalers, system integrator and application development partners to help scale the go to market efforts of an infrastructure business like Fauna’s. Fauna has already developed a strong set of technology partners and established presence in the marketplaces of the leading cloud hyperscalers. These, and future partnerships, are a key part of our go to market strategy as operational database purchasing decisions are often made in the context of a broader application stack, or by the application development partners that are setting technology directions on the behalf of enterprise customers.
As a critical member of our GTM team you will work cross functionally with product, marketing and sales to both scale the impact of our existing partnerships and define the strategy for future expansion of the technology and GTM partner ecosystem. This role will report directly to our head of sales and will have visibility across the entire executive team.
You understand the lift and leverage that well executed partnerships provide for a company, and you have first hand experience in driving them from inception to scale. You have experience with public cloud marketplaces and working collaboratively across corporate and field partner teams to accelerate customer acquisition and growth. You can partner effectively with technology and product leaders to identify and prioritize the complimentary product offerings that need to come together to drive joint customer success. You have a passion for “seeing around the corner” and know what it takes to identify new opportunities. You have the experience and communication skills to realize those opportunities by effectively selling the vision to prospective partners, and the ability to craft mutually beneficial value propositions to external/internal stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Accelerate the productivity of an existing ecosystem of technology and cloud provider partnerships
- Collaborate with leadership to identify, develop, and execute partner first growth strategies and expand the ecosystem to system integrator and application development partners
- Drive outbound partnership pursuits and take point on inbound requests, prioritizing the opportunities with greatest impact potential
- Design and scale the operational cadence and processes to support the partner led GTM efforts
- Source, manage, and report on an active pipeline of partner opportunities
- Partner with Sales leadership on building out the GTM framework, helping to shape where opportunities and swim-lanes exist between direct and indirect sales
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership by bringing partner integration and roadmap opportunities to the table for consideration
- Work with Marketing leadership to drive partner focused campaigns that drive key business outcomes (top of funnel, leads, conversions, etc)
What you will bring:
- 5+ years experience working in customer facing and partnership roles for cloud/SaaS companies
- An extensive industry network within SaaS/PaaS based solutions and cloud partner channel experience including public cloud marketplaces
- Proven track record of building and leading strategies with quantifiable results.
- Superior networking, value positioning, and negotiation skills
- Strong operational acumen in building programmatic and KPI driven campaigns.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
The US OTE range for this full-time position is $170,000-$200,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity or other benefits which certain roles may be eligible for.
Fauna is a well-funded, high growth startup with the mission to make working with operational data productive, scalable and secure for every software team. We're backed by Madrona Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Addition Capital, CRV, and many Silicon Valley angel investors.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with remote employee presence throughout the Americas and Europe we embrace a remote first culture and offer employees the flexibility of work locations depending on their geography. In exchange for your hard work and contributions, Fauna provides you with an exceptional compensation, equity package, and benefits package.
Building a great company requires talented, passionate, and committed team members. We are relentless in pursuing our mission while working together as one team aligned by our core principles. If you are that type of person who is excited by those pursuits, we want to hear from you!
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, citizenship, immigration status, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.