Software QA Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement. If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture. Join us!
Our company is seeking a passionate and experienced Software QA Engineer to join our team to help with testing, validation, and creation of test automation for firmware, controls, backend, and frontend applications. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented individual who can work collaboratively with our development team to ensure that our software is of the highest quality.
- Create and execute test plans, test cases, and test scripts to ensure software quality and functionality.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts for regression, integration, and end-to-end system testing.
- Help software development teams validate early software builds.
- Conduct manual testing and validate the results of automated testing.
- Work collaboratively with hardware QA engineers on end-to-end test plans
- Mentor other QA engineers to develop robust skills and knowledge of QA processes and best practices
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that all software products meet quality standards.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on testability of functional requirements, product designs, and estimating and planning for quality testing.
- Participate in the development of test automation strategies, frameworks, and tools.
- Report and track defects and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth delivery of software releases in conjunction with hardware.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance.
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Strong scripting skills with one or more of the following: Python, Bash, and Ruby.
- Experience in testing firmware, controls, backend, and/or front end applications.
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in testing embedded systems.
- Experience with performance testing tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner.
- Experience in mentorship or experience leading teams or projects
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible PTO & 9 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- Commuter Benefits
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
See more open positions at FarmWise
Something looks off?