Hardware QA Engineer
Other Engineering, Quality Assurance
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement. If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture. Join us!
About the Role: Our company is seeking a Hardware QA Engineer to join our team and focus on testing, validation, and NPI for agricultural hardware systems, specifically in automated weeding using the latest hardware and software from FarmWise. The primary job focus will be on testing, identifying, documenting, and resolving system-level hardware and software issues. The ideal candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams such as hardware, robotics, and software design teams to ensure the quality and reliability of our agricultural hardware systems.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to engineering.
- Create detailed and well-structured test plans and test cases to validate the functionality, reliability, and performance of our hardware systems.
- Analyze test results, debug issues, and report critical test data to stakeholders.
- Design, develop, and execute test automation scripts to improve testing efficiency and scalability.
- Collaborate with hardware, robotics, and software design teams to investigate and resolve system-level issues.
- Prepare reports for identified problems or issues and provide recommendations for solutions.
- Ensure that all testing activities adhere to industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- BSEE (MSEE or Ph.D) with a focus on digital, analog, and/or power electronics design.
- 3+ years of experience in hardware QA testing, validation, and/or NPI for agricultural systems.
- Good understanding of analog, digital, and power electronics hardware architectures and design.
- Experience in schematic and PCB layout design using Altium or other tools.
- Strong fundamentals on instrumentation and tool automation.
- Experience with Python script and CAN, I2C is a plus.
- Strong ability to write clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible PTO & 9 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- Commuter Benefits
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
If you are passionate about agriculture and hardware quality and enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity as a Hardware QA Engineer for Agricultural Systems.
See more open positions at FarmWise
Something looks off?