Senior DevOps Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement. If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture. Join us!
About the Role: We are looking for a highly experienced and motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for configuring and maintaining cloud services backing various applications, and improving software development and deployment infrastructure introducing infrastructure-as-code methodologies. They will work closely with the entire engineering team to use automation and cloud technologies for better agility, reliability, and observability, as well as maintain and enhance our CI/CD pipelines, ensuring that software is released reliably and efficiently.
- Configure and maintain production backend services and cloud services utilizing infrastructure-as-code methodologies.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve the reliability, performance, and security of our infrastructure.
- Guide, maintain, and enhance our CI/CD pipelines used for software development, including automated testing and deployment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and solve complex infrastructure and application issues.
- Continuously improve our infrastructure monitoring, alerting, and response processes.
- Develop and implement disaster recovery plans to ensure high availability of our systems.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for all infrastructure components and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a DevOps role, with a focus on infrastructure as code, production backend services and cloud services, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Expertise in containerization technologies such as Docker and ECS.
- Expertise with infrastructure-as-code automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, AWS CDK.
- Strong experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP. AWS preferred.
- Experience configuring and managing database instances such as Postgres.
- Experience with automation systems such as Buildkite.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Datadog, New Relic, and Splunk. Datadog preferred
- Strong scripting skills in one or more of the following: Python, Bash, Ruby.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and development practices.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and networking is a plus.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible PTO & 9 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- Commuter Benefits
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
See more open positions at FarmWise
Something looks off?