Software Engineer - Growth
From electronic signatures to underwriting, engineering is at the core of everything we build. We aim to create humane software that includes only the essential complexity. Like software, we are a constant work in progress, and we believe that personal growth comes from making mistakes and exploring thorny problems. The quality of our work is driven by the diversity of our individual backgrounds and experiences.
As a Software Engineer in Growth, you will join a team in building a fleet of free tools - such as Wills, Account Sharing, Emergency Savings, and Rainy Day Funds - to help parents stop procrastinating and start tackling their long term financial to-do lists. You are self-motivated, can wear many hats, and are excited to ship code across the stack, both on the web and in our mobile app, that solves challenging business problems and brings joy to our customers.
Come join us as we re-make a $650 Billion industry and work to improve the lives of millions of families.
Your role at Fabric:
- Ship code across the stack, quickly and reliably.
- Participate in design and implementation of features to grow Fabric’s core platform.
- Write tools and introduce approaches that we didn’t know we needed, helping us deliver value more quickly and efficiently.
- Contribute to an ever-evolving engineering culture.
- Help your fellow engineers grow in new and exciting ways!
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of software development experience in a product-centric environment.
- Expertise building highly performant User Interfaces and the scalable, reliable APIs that hydrate them.
- Effective communication skills used in technical problem solving.
- Compassion, both for Fabric’s customers and your fellow teammates.
- Willingness to make mistakes.
- Enthusiasm for engineering and technology.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with modern, functional UI paradigms. We use React.
- Experience building and managing distributed systems with AWS. We use services like Lambda, Cognito, DynamoDb, S3, SQS, SNS, andStep Functions.
- Knowledge of financial and insurance products.