Senior Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Who we are
Hi there 👋 . We’re Ethena – the compliance platform for modern teams. Ethena’s suite of admin- and employee-friendly training and compliance tools help you check all the boxes and build a better workplace. Our training isn’t just a thing people get through, it’s something they actually enjoy (we got the stats to prove it—over 90% positive ratings). We are proud to be a part of the culture at companies like Zendesk, Pinterest, Figma, and Notion. In 2020, Ethena announced our $15.5 million Series A, and in 2022 we raised an additional $30 million Series B to build out Ethena’s best-in-class training solution, further invest in data and analytics, and continue launching impactful compliance products. Ethena’s Series B was led by Lachy Groom, with participation from existing investors including Felicis, Neo, Homebrew, and others. It’s a great time to join our team!
How we work
We’re a team of people who value diversity in all its forms. We love adding new perspectives and appreciate those who ask questions that help us challenge assumptions, explore new directions, and improve what we’ve already built. We believe it’s our responsibility to create an environment in which every person can bring their full, authentic selves to work. We push each other to be our best and do our training proud. We love feedback, practice empathy, and embrace humor. Seriously, we’re not shy about puns. If you brought us to a picnic, we’d be compli-ants. If we were shoes in London, we’d be trainers. If we were--you get it. Humor is welcome here. Read more about us on our careers page and follow our team on our Instagram!
Who we’re looking for
We’re growing our team of driven, smart, and energetic account executives. We’re looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our sales team!
This is an exciting opportunity to accelerate growth on a winning team that is making a real difference in how companies build ethical and inclusive workplaces.
Ethena’s sales team has a fast-paced and motivated culture. We’re looking for an experienced seller who can help Ethena advance to the next level.
We’re a customer-centric organization and sales here is all about creating an amazing experience and partnership for our customers from day one. AEs are a trusted consultant and expert on trends in compliance training and employee relations for our buyers in the People Ops and Compliance/Legal world.
This role will report to our Head of Sales and will be responsible for closing new business and expanding current customers.
You may notice that we have an HQ in Brooklyn, but our workforce is fully remote and your personal working hours can be based on your own timezone. All team-wide meetings are scheduled to be inclusive of all U.S. time zones.
- Tess Manning / Head of Sales
What you'll do
- Close new deals: Source and close new business to consistently meet or exceed quarterly sales quotas.
- Be a product expert: Demonstrate expertise in Ethena products and our positioning in the industry. Understand how to solve your prospects' pain points with Ethena’s offerings. Easily navigate technical conversations about our platform and integrations.
- Lead effective calls: Deliver an amazing first impression of Ethena. Listen deeply and ask the right questions to discover a prospect’s business challenges and goals. Clearly define a buying process and excite prospects about our impact on their business.
- Independently manage complex, non-transactional deals: sell to large groups of stakeholders across multiple personas, excel at multi-threading, design and drive unique sale processes tailored to customer needs, and creatively move deals forward.
- Stay organized: Keep Salesforce up to date weekly so that the company can forecast accurately and learn from your deals.
- Prospect: Hit your quarterly goal for self-prospected opportunities.
- Upsell: Partner with CSMs on identified upsell opportunities and sell new products to existing customers.
- Care: You're a key member of the team. If you see something that can be improved (process, product, culture, whatever!), come with a solution or at least raise the problem.
What makes a great candidate
- SaaS full-cycle closing experience for complex, non-transactional deals on small teams in high-growth companies
- Proven success in exceeding sales quota and hunting new business
- Strong technical knowledge: experience with selling multiple products, platform integrations, APIs, and custom analytics and the ability to quickly learn a new tech ecosystem (in our case, HR and L&D)
- Ability to operate with little direction and a high degree of autonomy
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship management skills
- Experience with Salesforce and sales automation software (Salesforce, Sales Navigator, Outreach, Chorus.ai, etc.)
- Ability to work on a high-performing and collaborative team, meaning comfort with feedback, ownership, good meeting hygiene, speaking up if something is unclear, etc.
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we’re an early-stage startup so we’re not just looking for someone to run a playbook. We want you to help build it.
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality and comfort with ambiguity
- Passion for what we’re building here at Ethena
- This is sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing in a home office environment.
Benefits: The benefits offered for this position can be found here. We provide 20 days of paid time off per year (prorated from your start date) in addition to all 11 federal holidays* and unlimited paid sick leave. (*US-specific benefits. For more details on our Canadian benefits, leave a note in your application.)
How to Apply: Applications for this position will be accepted via our job board. Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out. We welcome you to read more about our approach to job descriptions by our VP of People, Melanie Naranjo. Curious to know what it’s like to interview with us? Read more here.
Ethena is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that a successful organization is one that celebrates its employees for who they are, who they love, and the unique lens through which they experience the world. Ethena does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other legally protected status. We understand that our differences make us better. They empower us to learn from each other, lean on each other, and create a product and community that models the behavior we hope to see in others.
We are not currently offering employer visa sponsorship for this role.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information are accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.