Senior Software Engineer (NodeJS)
A Little About Us
Enboarder is on a mission to build better human connections across the employee journey. Our Human Connection Platform® cuts through the noise of daily communications and elevates what matters most. From onboarding to learning, performance management, career growth, and organizational change, we help companies nurture cultures of connection and belonging where every moment matters — and every human feels seen, supported, and included.
What’s Enboarder like?
We’re a SaaS tech company that got our start in Australia in 2015. We’ve grown from a small team operating out of Sydney to distributed teams across APAC, EMEA, the U.S., and India! You’ll find the expected perks like pets at the office, remote working options, equity, competitive compensation, paid parental leave, and flexible schedules. But you’ll also find that our business impact goes beyond the work we do for our clients and is just as global as our team.
Some things we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation and performance based bonus structure
- Flexible working schedule
- A chance to shape employee engagement and employee experience best practices across the globe
- Catered lunch once a week in every office around the globe
- Company recharge days
You are a self-starter, happy to collaborate with peers in multiple teams, in multiple locations. You have great problem solving skills and can effectively communicate your decision making process and technical trade-offs. You are a lifelong learner who also loves to share what you know.
The ideal candidate has
- A sound understanding of REST APIs
- Tertiary qualifications in technology related studies, or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of RDMS & NoSQL databases
- Understanding of Docker and containerisation technologies
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- You will need full right to work in Australia (Unfortunately for this role visa sponsorship is not available)
Nice to haves
- Working knowledge of front-end frameworks and approaches
- DynamoDB experience
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design and microservice architecture
- Familiar with “Secure by Design” approaches
In this role you will
- Develop scalable backend applications in Typescript on Node JS
- Design and implement services as AWS lambdas, leveraging AWS PaaS offerings
- Write unit and integration tests
- Review other engineers’ code
- Build and maintain deployment pipelines
- Investigate and resolve production issues
- Work on frontend code when required
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers
- Coach and knowledge share with less experienced engineers
- Participate in team meetings
Interested in Joining the Team?
Great, apply now! Someone from our team will reach out to you about the next steps.
The Enboarder team is made up of people who excel in a wide variety of disciplines. Each member of our team brings their unique perspective and passions to everything we do. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement. We’re eager to meet people that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes. We want our employees to feel comfortable expressing their true selves and to come, stay, and do their best work with us. We hope you’re feeling excited about the opportunity to join our team!
Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of Enboarder and of our employees. It’s our aim to recruit, hire, and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and grow we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do. All information collected during our application and interview process will be stored in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles.