Senior Software Engineer
The Software Engineer is responsible for the creation and delivery of high quality software within a small team of cross-discipline engineers. The Software Engineer is responsible for writing code, creating tests, and assisting other engineers in implementing best practices to maintain high quality code.
The Software Engineer reports to the Software Engineering Manager.
- Contribute to team planning and scoping of work as part of an agile software development team
- Consistently deliver high quality code
- Perform code-reviews and collaborate with other engineers to drive business outcomes
- Perform research spikes to explore new technogies and potential solutions for upcoming challenges
- Coordinate with engineers outside the core-team to integrate related components and adhere to organizational standards
- Participate as part of a Tier-3 on-call rotation to support team-built software
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-3+ years delivering high-scale, high-performance web applications
- A background in platforms running with a leading cloud provider, preferably Azure
- Experience with container-driven development environments
- An excellent communicator, able to address gaps and opportunities with the greater team constructively
- Self-motivates, believes in accountability, focuses on results, makes plans and follows through
- Believes in humility, empathy, shares best practices, desires to keep learning, measures performance and adapts to improve results
- Thrives on a team, stays positive, lives our values
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.*
- Up to 1/3 of time: standing, walking, lifting up to 25 pounds
- Up to 2/3 of time: sitting, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
We offer best in class industry benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
High School graduate or equivalent, 18 years or older required. Acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license in your state of residence necessary for select roles. We are a drug free workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity (regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status). We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.