The DevOps Engineer is responsible for implementing tools and processes which reduce friction by automating software builds and deployments to our cloud environments. The DevOps Engineer applies DevOps practices jointly with software engineers to provide automated tooling to empower our Product Development teams to rapidly build, deliver and support new features.
The DevOps Engineer reports to the Software Engineering Manager
- Contribute to Continuous Integration (CI) improvements to automate service/system integration and testing methods
- Contribute to Continuous Deployment (CD) improvements to automate high availability release and rollback methods
- Improve automated monitoring and alerting systems which support our business SLIs/SLOs
- Implement improvements to our auto-scaling, self-healing, circuit-breakers, and other patterns that impact our site reliability and resiliency
- Coordinate with engineers outside the core-team to integrate related components and adhere to organizational standards
- Participate as part of a Tier-3 on-call rotation to support team-built software
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-3+ years delivering high-scale, high-performance web applications
- A background in platforms running with a leading cloud provider, preferably Azure
- Experience with container-driven development environments
- Experience building Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for microservice architectures
- An excellent communicator, able to address gaps and opportunities with the greater team constructively
- Self-motivates, believes in accountability, focuses on results, makes plans and follows through
- Believes in humility, empathy, shares best practices, desires to keep learning, measures performance and adapts to improve results
- Thrives on a team, stays positive, lives our values
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
We offer best in class industry benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
High School graduate or equivalent, 18 years or older required. Acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license in your state of residence necessary for select roles. We are a drug free workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity (regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status). We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.