Strategic Sourcing Manager
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Purpose of Job:
Leads competitive sourcing, procurement and management of contract engineering and manufacturing partners supporting major additive technology system development programs to maximize on time schedule deliver meeting or exceeding performance/quality requirements.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards:
1. Create and evolve competitive sourcing criteria and selection processes for contract engineering, early development builds and production level contract manufacturing
2. Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost, quality and lead time in relation to program requirements
3. Lead contract negotiations, generating development and production contracts and purchase agreements with support from legal and finance teams
4. Actively manage contract partners, ensuring strong two-way communication of technical information and holding tight development & production schedules through effective forecasting and planning
5. Manage incoming inventory, ensuring vendor products coalesce with Divergent management systems
6. Lead frequent site visits to maximize collaboration and adherence to requirements and project schedule, with a 25% travel expectation
7. Effectively lead cross-functional meetings with clear document writing, agenda creation, note capture and follow-up activity coordination
8. Issue and manage purchase orders, as well as the procure to pay life cycle, as related to the commodities assigned
Office, laboratory, light manufacturing
Bachelors or Master's Degree in Engineering
7+ years’ experience working in a supply chain environment, primarily focused on sourcing and procurement
Knowledgeable of procurement contract structure and industry standard quality & commercial language
Familiarity with warehouse management procedures and best practices
Strong analytical and organizational skills
Ability to read engineering technical drawings
Advanced Excel/spreadsheet experience
Adhere to all Statutory and Regulatory Requirements, 25% travel
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.