Service Engineer: Additive Manufacturing
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Position: Service Engineer, Additive Manufacturing
Divergent is seeking an experienced and motivated Service Engineer to maintain and improve our current and next generation Additive Manufacturing (AM) equipment. In addition to our laser powder bed fusion / SLM capability and partnership, we are developing new deposition technologies. We’re committed to establishing a new industrial standard of automotive manufacturing. To do this, we need a forward-looking and innovative team member who will help shape the future of manufacturing and its automation.
What You'll Do:
· Maintain, improve, and operate, as needed, additive manufacturing machines to maximize part quality, machine up-time and production throughput, while meeting schedule expectations
· Execute well-planned new machine installations and intra-facility equipment moves
· Effectively diagnose machine issues and document failure root causes that result in corrective actions
· Contribute to a proactive equipment maintenance strategy
· Support production department performance improvement and continuous improvement / quality initiatives (AS9100, IATF 16949, etc.)
· Contribute to development of training programs, work instructions, standard operating procedures, and provide guidance to other staff on machine maintenance tasks
What You'll Have:
· Graduate with associate or higher-level education in a technical field such as mechanical or electrical/electronics. Depending on the candidate, strong equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements
· Automation and machine control experience with demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities, including industrial PLCs
· Electrical, controls and mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience
· Experience with SLM Solutions additive manufacturing equipment such as SLM 500 and NXG 600 machines is a plus
· Although previous experience in metal (or other) Additive Manufacturing (AM) processes is a plus, it is not a requirement for consideration
· Highly self-motivated and able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, startup environment
· Interest and fitness to work hands-on with additive technology; working with the machines, systems, and processes in a factory environment
· Strong ability to think and work autonomously when required, and to perform under pressure to logically troubleshoot systems and processes
· Proficient verbal and written skills especially related to technical records, documentation, and presentation
· Solid interpersonal skills, capable of working within a small, growing team and interfacing with engineering and manufacturing groups to understand the production system and the associated constraints
· The person in this position needs to frequently work in a factory environment to access and repair machinery (up to 100%)
· Ability to walk, kneel, reach, climb, use hands to operate machinery in warehouse, as required
· Ability to lift up to 30 lbs, as required to execute a repair
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.