torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Purpose of Job:
This role will operate as the manufacturing owner for processes and programs currently without representation. This position will parent emerging customer programs from development through production to ensure viability and preparedness. The manufacturing engineer composes and executes all elements of production: process design and qualification, design for manufacturing, tool design and fabrication, work center layout, equipment/machinery, and process documentation.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards:
· Lead prototype builds for concept and pre-production parts. Provide all production inputs to fabricate first article parts including process design & qualification, tool/fixture design, equipment/machinery, create procedures, and guide builds as the project manager.
· Operate as the manufacturing owner for processes including additive manufacturing, CNC machining, adhesive cure, general assembly, and vehicle integration. Develop the resources under your ownership, write work instructions, provide floor support, and diagnose issues for corrective action.
· Provide DFM feedback for prototype parts and offer design recommendations to reduce cost and complexity.
· Create quality documents such as control plans and PFMEAs. Use these quality tools to identify areas for improvement and implement process upgrades.
· Use customer requirements to define production processes for new programs. Research, design, and implement new program-specific processes where required. Use industrial engineering tools to plan, layout, and establish work centers for new resources.
· Design tooling for lifting/handling, machining, cure, inspection, and general assembly.
· Perform process planning such as capacity analysis, line balancing, factory simulation, time studies, and process sequencing.
· Technical background in additive manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, medical, or similar manufacturing environment.
· Strong CAD skills including modeling, assemblies, and surfacing (NX preferred)
· Exceptional in the creation of overall manufacturing strategy for first article parts
· Prior experience designing fixturing for additively manufactured parts (or castings)
· Strong familiarity with metallic fabrication processes including CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, heat treatment, coating, welding, and general assembly.
· Experience in a prototype environment bringing parts from concept to maturity.
· Able to use basic metrology and hand tools (calipers, bore gauges, etc.), read drawings, and understand GD&T.
· General understanding of automotive systems preferred-
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.