Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Purpose of Job:
Position Specification: Senior Buyer / Logistics
Divergent 3D aims to revolutionize the auto industry through 3D printing. Our patented production system incorporates Nodes - 3D printed metal connectors - with lightweight materials to create strong and efficient complex structures. Divergent 3D's technology eliminates tooling and drives radical innovation, capital reduction, and sustainability in vehicle manufacturing. We put a powerful new set of tools into the hands of creative innovators, enabling success in the auto industry for a new generation. Our engineering prototype, Blade, is the world's first 3D printed supercar. http://www.divergent3d.com/
You will be working for an organization that values a strong collaboration between all Operations functions to ensure we are designing optimal manufacturing processes that are safe, cost effective, reliable and maintainable.
D3D is currently seeking a highly skilled, experienced senior buyers to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be responsible for negotiating to close deals with optimal terms and maintain our internal timelines. Managing suppliers and sourcing direct materials, equipment, and services.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards:
• Support global sourcing effort by optimizing cost and terms for all purchases. A strong negotiator able to manage multiple quotes, complex offers and SOW, to obtain the best purchasing terms, including payment schedule, payment terms, lead time, warranty, et.
• Procures for inventory and non-inventory purposes all necessary materials, parts and services, ensuring timely delivery, high quality, and cost-effective pricing to meet customer commitments and desired inventory stock levels
• Through comprehensive long-term supplier agreements and purchase order management, ensures the flow-down of contractually mandated and license-required terms to every supplier to which such terms apply
• Establishes and nurtures effective supplier relationships, including the proactive communication of company priorities and evolving product needs
• Track and monitor shipments and communicate status to key partner
• Manage inventory area and support controlled movement of all material according to standard operating procedures for inventory control and preservation.
• Ability to work in a non-standardized manufacturing environment recognizing calls to action through a variety of communication methods
• Ability to prioritize work through natural understanding of the businesses objectives both towards customer programs as well as internal business growth and maturity
• Familiar with engineering drawings, machining tolerances, general CNC machining operations
• Experience with aerospace procurement and production is a strong preference
• Understanding of the procure-to-pay process and ability to troubleshoot any issues preventing supplier payment
• Ability to research, qualify, and onboard suppliers for new business requirements, or to replace existing underperforming supply base
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot supplier underperformance, effectively resolving issues or pivoting for alternative solutions in order to maintain business driven on time delivery
• Demonstrated experience in driving process improvements within a supply chain department
Both office and occasional manufacturing plant shop floor
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
· Skilled at negotiation and networking
· Experience 2-5 years of purchasing in Automotive or Aerospace
· Proficient in using and managing relevant modules of Oracle ERP
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Proven working experience in sourcing and supplier management
· Interest in market dynamics along with a keen business sense
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.