torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
The Information Technology Department serves the diverse needs of internal clients, who are working on cutting edge technologies. As the key Network Engineer, you will support critical company infrastructure. You will work cross-functionally with key subject matter experts and the Director of I.T. within Divergent to develop solutions that meets the business needs. You will be expected to have a thorough knowledge of hardware, software, and the best practices for corporate IT infrastructure. Your chief responsibility is to proactively build and maintain a High Availability network that serves the company, and work on the internal systems including the SAN, WAN and VMs. Additionally, you will monitor, evaluate, and troubleshoot as necessary. This role will report to the Director of I.T.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, process-oriented/detail-oriented, hands-on, proactive, and able to respond quickly in a fast-moving environment. We value leadership skills and those who conduct all activities with the highest of integrity.
What You'll Do:
· Maintains a high-level knowledge of the internal network technology that supports operations. This includes a comprehensive understanding of switches, routers, firewalls, and networking protocols such as BGP, TCP/IP, MPLS, QoS, VOIP, and SD-WAN. Stays current on new emerging technologies that may enhance the network design and operation.
· Work with the Director of I.T. and the Senior Security Analyst to design and configure advanced security solutions to help protect the network using various tools.
· Create and maintain comprehensive documentation describing the network environment, including network diagrams of existing and all new designs.
· Work with the Director of I.T. to develop and support disaster recovery procedures and plans for network and application fail over.
· Work with the Director of I.T. to develop and implement standards, including for network hardware, network software, network monitoring and capacity management systems, and LAN/WAN/WLAN/SAN security and backup systems.
· Work with the Director of I.T. to design and implement a High Availability network, built on SAN and Virtual technologies.
· Analyzes system and application usage and plans for growth or increases in network capacity.
· Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, IP address and subnet assignment documentation, and related licensing and support contracts.
· Monitors the incident ticket queue for relevant issues and ensures timely responses and resolution to problems or incidents. Supervises network team members’ ticket responses and ensures that tickets are being handled within SLAs.
· Understands and can practically apply the concepts of infrastructure service delivery, and service roadmaps.
· Seeks to understand customer perspective/feedback and informs leadership (voice of the customer)
· Responsible for timely and complete Change Control documentation and delegation of implementation tasks.
· Ensures that current and future data centers are well maintained, connected, and ensure the network documentation is in line with compliance, audit, legal and management requirements.
What You Have:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science AND 5+ years of industry experience (10 for Senior), OR, equivalent combination of experience, certifications, and demonstrated technical ability.
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP and/or CCDA preferred).
· Firewall administration experience.
· VMware Experience in a HA Environment, VMWare DCV or CMA certifications a plus.
· Experienced with executing customer programs in technical environments, including full network life cycle experience.
· In depth knowledge of Microsoft Network technologies, including Windows Server, AD, and Azure.
· Experience managing Office 365 Environments. Experience working on GCCH environments a plus.
· Experience with backup applications and appliances.
· Proven track record collaborating with multi-domain internal and external technical teams
· Proven track record of excellent documentation, experience with Atlassian products a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proactive mindset that always looks for improvement
· Highly detail oriented, diligent, hard-working with excellent customer interface skills
· Ability to lead in a highly challenging, dynamic, and innovative start-up atmosphere
· Ability to work minimal but required nights/weekends as needed for installation projects and maintenance.
Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations shifts.
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.