AM Equipment Operator, R&D/NTI
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Team members in this role will run our current and next generation Additive Manufacturing (AM) equipment to produce metal components and support development of novel AM processes.
What You'll Do
- Operate, maintain, and improve additive manufacturing machines to maximize part quality, machine up-time and throughput, while meeting schedule expectations
- Track related consumable supplies and work with supply chain when additional supplies are required (procurement and maintenance of powders, hand tooling, build plates, process gas, filters, etc.)
- Follow standardized file systems, ensuring traceability of documentation for all assigned related tasks
- Change materials and clean out equipment when required
- Ability to perform and support equipment troubleshooting and maintenance, under guidance of service personnel
- Set up machines for next builds using standardized methods and checklists as well as support development of such standards for new equipment
- Senior Operators - provide leadership to junior operators and trainees and enable them to become independently capable of all machine operations
- 0-10+ years of experience working in industrial / manufacturing environments, especially heavy industries such as automotive, aerospace, oil & gas, etc.
- 0-10+ years of experience running laser powder bed fusion / selective laser melting metal AM equipment or other modern industrial equipment (plastic 3D printers, CNC machine tools, casting / foundry equipment, etc.)
- Highly motivated with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast moving, startup environment
- Knowledge of SLM Solutions type AM equipment such as SLM500 or SLM280 preferred
- Solid interpersonal skills, capable of training others, as required
- Ability to effectively interface with engineering and manufacturing groups to accomplish production tasks
- Familiarity with the implementation and practice of quality processes in an ISO 9001, AS9100, and/or IATF 16949 environment
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.