Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing various financial functions, including managing accounts receivable, reconciliation of cash transactions, general ledger maintenance, tax compliance, and more. This role also involves providing guidance and support to the Staff Accountant and collaborating with auditors during the audit process. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented and organized individual with a strong background in accounting and financial management.
- Manage Accounts Receivable: Coordinate billing, collections, and reporting to ensure timely and accurate revenue recognition, Order management.
- Technical Accounting: Navigate through FASB guidance and provide transactions advisory in accordance with US GAAP.
- Reconcile Cash Transactions: Monitor payment activities and reconcile cash transactions to identify and rectify any accounting discrepancies.
- Perform General Ledger Scrub: Identify and correct misclassified items in the general ledger to maintain accurate financial records.
- Prepare Account Reconciliations: As part of the month-end close process, prepare account reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of financial statements.
- Assist in Coordination with Auditors: Provide support during the audit process by supplying PBC (Provided by Client) items and addressing accounting issues raised by auditors.
- Tax Compliance: File sales and use tax returns and handle miscellaneous tax items in compliance with the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA)
- Complete Governmental Census Surveys: Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all required governmental census surveys.
- Document and Record Process Manuals: Create and maintain process manuals for accounting procedures, providing a valuable resource for future reference and training
- Fixed Asset Management: Oversee the management of fixed assets, ensuring accurate depreciation and tracking.
- Oversee and Train Staff Accountant: Provide guidance, training, and support to the Staff Accountant in their daily tasks and professional development.
- Loan & Leases: Manage and maintain loan and lease schedules, ensuring compliance and accurate recordkeeping.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (CPA certification is a plus).
- Big 4 experience a plus
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, with a proven track record of managing accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger functions.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Experience with tax compliance, including sales and use tax.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.