Additive Manufacturing: Print Technician 1st shift
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Divergent is seeking an experienced and motivated Print Technician to run maintain our current and next generation Additive Manufacturing (AM) equipment. In addition to our DMLS / SLM capability and partnership, we are developing new deposition technologies. We are committed to establishing a new industrial standard of automotive manufacturing. To do this, we need a forward-looking and innovative team member who will help shape the future of manufacturing and its automation. This position is for Monday through Friday 7am-3:30pm
What You'll Do
- Complete training which will include in part: basic maintenance , powder recovery, part cleaning, filter exchanges, etc.
- Work with operators to learn the machines as well as all the peripheral equipment to support part production.
- Maintain several different DMLS / SLM machines to help support production of parts for several programs as well as research and development.
- Maintain and improve additive manufacturing machines to maximize part quality, machine up-time and production throughput, while meeting schedule expectations.
- Machine Maintenance
- Print room vacuums
- Bead blast
- Powder Sieving
- PFM filter consolidation
- Moving and helping manage hazardous materials
- Removing parts from fine de-powdering
- Cutting parts on bandsaw
- Helping maintain a clean environment
- Experience in running industrial equipment such as Specific laser powder bed fusion / selective laser melting equipment, and or CNC machines.
- Experience with SLM Solutions additive manufacturing equipment, such as SLM280 and 500 machines.
- Experience with Farsoon 121 or 721 additive manufacturing equipment.
- Familiarity with the practice of quality processes in an ISO 9001, AS9100, and/or IATF 16949 environment.
- Experience using Robotic Arms and PLC based automation equipment.
- Basic understanding of welding behavior and metallurgy to include aluminum and nickel-based alloys.
- Operations of CNC machines and understanding of G-Code
- Experience with other industrial 3D printing technologies such as FDM/FFF/ME.
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.