Quality Control Technician
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Quality Control Technician
Divergent is seeking an experienced and motivated Quality Control Technician to support the next generation of industry-leading additive manufacturing machines. We’re committed to transforming the scale and speed of our 3D printing through the support of laser-line and structured-light scanning devices. To do this, we need a forward-looking and innovative Quality Control Technician who will help shape the future of manufacturing.
· Ability to perform Quality Control inspections using engineering drawings, model based definition, procedures, and/or instructions.
· Conduct receiving, in-process, and final inspections to ensure conformance to the requirements
· Monitor production processes to identify deviations and variations from established quality parameters
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to investigate and resolve quality-related issues, and recommend corrective and preventive actions.
· Operate non-contact scanning equipment (FARO/Creaform/GOM ScanBox) to inspect 3D printed parts
· Generate dimensional inspection reports using PolyWorks
· Create and manage accurate and organized records of test results, inspections, and evaluations including non-conformance reports (NCRs)
· Monitor and maintain Divergent’s calibrated devices using GAGEpack
· Maintain Divergent’s Quality Management System (QMS) and controlled documents
Conduct regular audits of production processes, documentation, and procedures to identify areas for improvement.
· Support process improvement, cost reduction and production initiatives
· Assist the Metrology Lab Lead with various inspections and Quality-related tasks
· Assist with maintaining a clean and organized Metrology Lab
· 2+ years’ experience using non-contact scanning equipment
· Proficient in creating and executing inspections in PolyWorks
· Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, including knowledge of GD&T
· Familiarity with standard measurement tools: micrometers, calipers, laser tracker, thread plugs, and plug gages.
· High visual acuity
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Motivated self-starter with solid interpersonal skills with the ability to manage workload to meet company priorities
· Associates degree in science or engineering, or equivalent
· Experience interfacing with Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing teams to understand and production schedules
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.