Hazardous Materials Handler
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Purpose of Job:
The hazardous materials handler is responsible for several key activities relating to management of metal additive manufacturing equipment cleaning and generated waste.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards:
1) Responsible for ensuring availability of clean filters and dust collectors to support AM production and R&D activities.
2) Comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes, and always acting in a safe manner to guarantee health and safety.
3) Work with site EHS personnel to support overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped, including proper packing and segregation for safe transport.
4) Accomplish and maintain required training and certifications.
5) Provides feedback on process improvements for scope of responsibility and supports implementation.
6) Responsible for updating records for assigned work orders.
7) Knowledge of reactive materials and metal powders are required.
Work occurs primarily outside the main industrial facility in a designated area for these assigned tasks. As such, it potentially includes hot and/or humid conditions while wearing required PPE.
High School Diploma (or equivalent), preferably an associate or bachelor’s degree in a technology, science or engineering discipline
EESOH-MIS or equivalent preferred
NFPA 1001/1010 or equivalent IFSTA fire service training preferred
5 years minimum experience in an industrial setting
Ability to lift 40 lbs and exert force to move equipment around the facility.
Work in potentially humid/hot conditions.
Ability to wear all required PPE for assigned tasks including respirators and protective clothing.
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.