CNC Machinist-2nd Shift
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
This role performs all aspects of the machining workflow including tool preparation, setup, machining, inspection, maintenance, and general shop activities. This job will support the machining of prototype suspension, powertrain, and chassis components for high performance vehicles. As a CNC Machinist you will implement and proof new programs to machine advanced components in collaboration with programmers, engineers, and the production team. 2nd shift 3:30PM-11PM
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards:
· Perform advanced machining projects in the automotive and 3d printing industries. Setup and operate 3-axis and 5-axis mills, 5-axis gantry machines, and CNC lathes.
· Setup fixturing, tools, and hardware for parts to be machined. Candidate should have prior experience with common work holding tools and a good understanding of setup best practices.
· Machine first article parts including prototype suspension, powertrain, and chassis components for high-performance vehicle platforms.
Familiarity with Haas, Siemens, and Heidenhain controllers preferred.
· Inspect and verify critical features using metrology tools. Skilled with common inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, bore gauges, and machine probing.
· Perform machine maintenance and assist with general shop activities.
· Participate in the programming process to provide manufacturing guidance for new parts and programs. Must be able to interpret drawings and understand GD&T.
· Contribute to the development, testing, and validation of innovative machining processes related to additive manufacturing.
100% - On the shop floor, machine operation: moving parts, high noise level, machine electrical, hot/cold weather, dust/debris
High School / GED minimum. Completion of related technical program, associates, or similar is preferred
· 5+ years experience in CNC machine setup and operation, in an automotive, aerospace, medical, or similar manufacturing environment.
· Strong CNC setup and operation skills in a prototype setting
· Fluent in G-code (Haas/Fanuc). Familiarity with other programming languages (Heidenhain and/or Siemens conversational preferred)
· Exceptional in the machining of complex first article parts
· Total familiarity with CNC machine operation, processes, best practices, maintenance, etc.
· Experience with Haas, Heidenhain, and Siemens controllers preferred
· Capable of creating new machine setups that accurately locate machined parts and provide rigid work holding, using industry best-practices.
· Comfortable using hand tools, performing light fabrication, and using manual mills/lathes.
· Able to use basic metrology tools (calipers, bore gauges, etc.), read drawings, and understand GD&T
· General understanding of automotive systems preferred
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.