AM System, Machines Specialist
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Purpose of Job:
Team members in this role will develop next generation Additive Manufacturing (AM) equipment with Laser Powder Bed Fusion (L-PBF) and auxiliaries to produce metal components. Continuous improvement of current and next generation Additive Manufacturing equipment is the main goal. we need a forward-looking and innovative team member who will help shape the future of manufacturing and its automation.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards:
1)Develop and execute designs in CAD for both detailed parts and master model assembly,
2)Execute drawing and drafting and change control for developing AM System components
3)Execute design and development machine installations and intra-facility equipment moves including but not limited to assembling electronics, electro optics and mechanical components of AM Systems
4)Effectively diagnose machine issues and document failure root causes that result in corrective actions.
5)Ability to operate, and improve additive manufacturing machines to maximize part quality, machine up-time and production throughput, while meeting schedule expectations
6)Follow standardized file systems, ensuring traceability of documentation for all assigned related tasks
Manufacturing – PPE and respiratory protective equipment required
· Graduate with associate or higher-level education in a technical field such as mechanical or electrical/electronics. Depending on the candidate, strong equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
· Previous experience in metal (or other) Additive Manufacturing (AM) processes is a plus, it is not a requirement for consideration.
· Electrical, controls and mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience.
· Automation and machine control experience with demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities, including industrial PLCs.
· Highly motivated with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast moving, startup environment
· Proficient in CAD and geometric visualization/presentation, analysis, critical thinking and communication skills
· Experience with standard GD&T to control part features
· Experience with, engineering changes, deviations, BOM structuring, etc.
· Ability to effectively interface with engineering and manufacturing groups to accomplish production tasks
· Strong ability to think and work autonomously when required, and to perform under pressure to logically troubleshoot systems and processes.
· Solid interpersonal and multidisciplinary skills, capable of working within a small, growing team and cross-functional works with electrical, mechanical and Material engineers manufacturing groups to understand the production system and the associated constraints.
· The person in this position needs to frequently work in a factory environment to assemble, disassemble, operate and repair machinery (up to 2/3)
· Ability to walk, kneel, reach, climb, use hands to operate machinery in warehouse, as required
· Ability to lift up to 30 lbs, as required to execute assigned tasks
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.