torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Position: Test Technician
Support R&D and QC material testing.
What You'll Do:
• Operate Divergent’s standard tensile and fatigue test systems used for material quality control and characterization
• Perform system checks and periodic maintenance as required
• Follow the Divergent Manufacturing Execution System and ensure proper documentation of all work performed
• Accurately record data in excel and other related software applications
• Assist in specialty R&D testing as needed
• Follow specific instructions outlined in Divergent’s standard test procedures
What You Have:
• High school degree, GED or higher degree
• Knowledge of basic metal testing fundamentals a plus
• Experience with tensile testing a plus
• Competence in excel and other Microsoft tools
• Experience with basic hand tools, power tools and shop equipment preferred
• Able to work on-site
• Able to climb up and down the staircase
• Able to lift and carry 30+ lbs
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.