torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Position: Network Enginee
Divergent 3D is a technology company, based in Los Angeles, on a mission to revolutionize manufacturing with its proprietary Divergent Adaptive Production System. We automate the design, manufacture, and assembly of complex structures using non-design specific software, additive manufacturing, and robotic assembly. We actively work with major OEMS and customers globally, addressing the automotive, aerospace, aviation, transportation, and agricultural industries.
The Information Technology Department serves the diverse needs of internal clients, who are working on cutting edge technologies. As (Sr.) Network Engineer, you will support critical company infrastructure. You will work cross-functionally with key subject matter experts and the Director of I.T. within Divergent to develop solutions that meets the business needs. You will be expected to have a thorough knowledge of hardware, software, and the best practices for corporate IT infrastructure. Your chief responsibility is to proactively build and maintain a High Availability network that serves the company. Additionally, you will monitor, evaluate, and troubleshoot as necessary. This role will report to the Director of I.T.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, process-oriented/detail-oriented, hands-on, proactive, and able to respond quickly in a fast-moving environment. We value leadership skills and those who conduct all activities with the highest of integrity.
What You'll Do:
· Design, develop and lead the installation (including hardware and configuration) of the Enterprise’s data network.
· Work with the Director of I.T. and the Senior Security Analyst to design and configure advanced security solutions to help protect the network using various tools.
· Create and maintain comprehensive documentation describing the network environment, including network diagrams of existing and all new designs.
· Work with the Director of I.T. to develop and support disaster recovery procedures and plans for network and application fail over.
· Work with the Director of I.T. to design and implement a High Availability network comprising of connections and failover for the Primary headquarters and a secondary HPC co-location.
· Analyzes system and application usage and plans for growth or increases in network capacity.
· Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, IP address and subnet assignment documentation, and related licensing and support contracts.
· Monitors the incident ticket queue for relevant issues and ensures timely responses and resolution to problems or incidents. Supervises network team members’ ticket responses and ensures that tickets are being handled within SLAs.
· Seeks to understand customer perspective/feedback and informs leadership (voice of the customer)
· Thinks in terms of technologies and business/technical capabilities.
· Works with management to determine resource requirements, budget, and personnel needed to keep the network in a production status.
· Responsible for timely and complete Change Control documentation and delegation of implementation tasks.
· Ensures that current and future data centers are well maintained, connected, and ensure the network documentation is in line with compliance, audit, legal and management requirements.
· Support the entire Information Technology team as a senior technical member. Assist and mentor where needed and as appropriate beyond the specific job duties.
What You Have:
· Bachelor’s degree AND 5+ years of industry experience (10 for Senior), OR, equivalent combination of experience, certifications, and demonstrated technical ability.
· Demonstrated knowledge of networking technologies. Certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred.
· Firewall administration experience.
· Experienced with executing customer programs in technical environments, including full network life cycle experience.
· In depth knowledge of Microsoft Network technologies, including Windows Server, AD, and Azure.
· Proven track record collaborating with multi-domain internal and external technical teams
· Proven track record of excellent documentation, experience with Atlassian products a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Highly detail oriented, diligent, hard-working with excellent customer interface skills
· Ability to lead in a highly challenging, dynamic, and innovative start-up atmosphere
· Ability to work minimal but required nights/weekends as needed for installation projects and maintenance.
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
See more open positions at Divergent 3D
Something looks off?