Additive Manufacturing Engineer
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Purpose of Job:
Key functions of an AM Engineer include application development, build preparation and post-processing improvement efforts, using Divergent’s proprietary AM process workflows.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards:
· Reviews and approves for manufacturing all engineered parts and assemblies; provides Design for Additive Manufacturing input to engineering teams to collaborate in making optimized parts for our complex, multi-material vehicle structures.
· Executes build preparation activities, ensuring quality of build plate layouts and strategies utilized for part distortion and build success
· Supports continuous improvement / quality initiatives, including development and implementation of build strategy coupled post-processing technologies into production
· Collaborates closely with AM Software developers on delivery of automated build preparation tools to ensure highly optimized layouts, minimizing supports and maximizing build density, while taking into account all key AM process constraints
· Contributes key information for cost estimating and capacity planning assessments (CAM and build time estimates) in support of program planning and execution; supports business development team with real-time feedback on new opportunities
· 2-5+ years of experience in advanced manufacturing environments with AM selective laser melting equipment
· Skilled in CAD / CAM capability (Solidworks, NX, Magics, AM Studio, Dyndrite,or similar)
· 2+ years of experience with full AM process tool chain including build preparation and process simulation tools / applications
· Solid interpersonal skills, capable of managing and empowering a growing team and interfacing with engineering and manufacturing groups and associated hard and soft system and application constraints
· Highly self-motivated and able to prioritize and execute tasks in a startup environment
· Strong analytical background desired, especially thermo-mechanical analysis of complex systems
· Must be able to remain in stationary position 50% of time
· The person in this position is primarily performing engineering office work, and needs to occasionally move about the office and warehouse to access machinery
· Ability to use hands to operate machinery in warehouse, as required to execute assigned technology development activities
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
See more open positions at Divergent 3D
Something looks off?