Software Engineer, Integration and Algorithm Development
torrance, ca, usa
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
The Software Engineer for Integration and Algorithm Development will play a pivotal role in the Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) software suite, specifically focusing on Additive Manufacturing applications. In this position, the individual will contribute to both production and R&D efforts by innovating within our existing DAPS framework to enhance manufacturing capabilities. The Software Engineer will collaborate closely with the Additive Manufacturing (AM) team, engaging in requirements gathering, solution development, implementation testing, and result evaluation.
· Develop advanced algorithms to optimize printer productivity rates, including toolpath planning, geometry manipulation, custom scan strategy generation, and automation of build preparation.
· Work alongside data scientists to develop and integrate data-driven solutions to critical manufacturing challenges, conducting applied testing on manufacturing equipment.
· Create data-driven tools that facilitate design for Additive Manufacturing, enabling engineering teams to produce optimized parts for our intricate, multi-material vehicle structures.
· Enhance accessibility of machine, material, and operational data throughout the organization, providing visibility into metrics, performance capabilities, and manufacturing capacity, while applying data analysis and visualization techniques.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Machines/Material development/Quality testing/Structural design/Software) to effectively gather requirements.
· Deliver training sessions to the Additive Manufacturing team and other departments, ensuring the standardization of the latest strategies.
Skills / Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience, or Master's degree with 3+ years of experience in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Engineering, or related fields.
· Strong proficiency in programming languages commonly used in data science, statistics and machine learning, such as C++, and Python.
· Understanding of software development processes and best practices.
· Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
· Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, and customer success.
· Proficiency in applied development and test-driven development.
· Willingness to interact and conduct experiments with industrial 3D printers and materials.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and solve complex technical issues.
· Strong understanding of mathematical concepts such as combinatorial optimization, computational geometry, mathematical logic, linear algebra, and differential equations.
· Strong aptitude for gathering requirements and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
· Familiarity with any of the following: MinIO, Splunk, PostgreSQL.
· Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (e.g., regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests) and practical experience with their applications.
· Experience utilizing CAD/CAM tools to support the production of 3D printed metal components.
· Background in materials engineering.
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.