Senior Ruby Backend Engineer
REMOTE (NON-U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY)
DigiSure is an early-stage startup reimagining the way insurance is packaged, priced and serviced as an essential part of the modern, on-demand world we live in today. We believe a global community that shares is better for the environment, the economy and society as a whole, yet doing this safely requires an insurance platform that deeply understands the needs of these new marketplaces.
As a Ruby backend engineer at DigiSure, you will be helping to develop our new insurance platform providing screening, dynamic pricing, and on-demand coverage to new marketplace businesses. You'll be a core part of our small but growing engineering team, helping design, build and maintain the systems we need to continue our rapid growth.
What you'll do:
- Develop and own technical vision and architecture for core parts of our insurance platform.
- Implement, scale and secure our core platform systems including customer-facing and internal APIs.
- Help design and implement our data structures, security models and internal tools.
- Work closely with our product managers on our roadmap to design new features for our partners.
- Influence and define engineering team culture, best practices and processes.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience designing and building large-scale distributed systems.
- Solid programming skills in Ruby
- Experience with SQL/noSQL databases, e.g. PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
- A track record of delivering results even when requirements are ambiguous.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 401K matching
- Health, dental and vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work environment
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- We respect holidays from different religious and cultural traditions
DigiSure is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. DigiSure is working towards building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day. We welcome people from all backgrounds with a passion to build great software products.
Something looks off?