Office Experience & Events Manager
Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
Coda is a fully distributed team, with roughly half of our employee base located around our office hubs in Bellevue, Mountain View, San Francisco and a co-working space in New York City. We lean on our office environments, virtual forums, regular in-person gatherings and of course, docs, to bring the team together.
This role will focus on cultivating inspiring physical environments to deepen connection, promote collaboration and create a meaningful employee experience. Your expertise will touch any moment when Codans are together — whether it's creating the conditions for a serendipitous water cooler moment, or implementing the details of an intentional team gathering.
This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and you will report to our Head of Employee Experience. The ideal candidate is able to easily access our offices in San Francisco Mountain View on a regular basis, and is willing to make regular trips to Bellevue, WA.
In this Role you will:
You should anticipate a blend of responsibilities that fall under office, hybrid operations, events, and workplace culture.
- Oversee the full operation of our offices including facilities, equipment, maintenance, vendors, service providers, and inventory
- Lead all internal communication and special projects around our facilities and our hybrid environment
- Partner with our office captains to create positive in-office culture
- Administer systems for employee travel and expenses
- Gather and evaluate feedback around our offices and hybrid culture on an ongoing basis to make updates and improvements
- Lead the planning and coordination of events of all sizes and forms, including but no limited to multi-site hackathons, quarterly board meetings, our annual all-company gathering, and smaller team events
- Create and manage a system for virtual events
You may be a great fit for this Role if:
- You have strong project management and operational management skills
- You approach problems with creativity and resourcefulness
- You love to land a message and can translate between different stakeholders
- You are excited to learn how to use Coda. It's okay if you haven't used Coda before, but are excited to learn and use it in all areas of your work
- You have 2+ years of experience in a similar or translatable role
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation time with a culture of taking time off to relax and rejuvenate
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Lifestyle Stipend
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
We are committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. Check out our compensation philosophy. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided: $80,000 - $150,000.
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Something looks off?