Posted on Monday, June 22, 2020
Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the role
You have a passion for data-oriented products and is an avid user of tools like Coda, Airtable, Notion, Excel, or Google Sheets. You will need to get inside the mind of a diverse set of Coda users and be comfortable building against and solving problems for many scenarios. You can assist users at multiple altitudes, from specific formula fixes in a table to general team process and workflow suggestions depending on the customer's needs. You love to listen, are an astute observer of user behavior, and you can spot and synthesize patterns quickly to the company. We're looking for candidates who can be great "coaches" for our users, and can distinguish when it's best to teach someone a new concept, vs unblock them and solve their immediate problem. You will report into our Head of Support.
In this role you will:
- Support our Makers to promote and unblock the creation of great docs, debugging technical issues, and guiding them towards the right learning material
- Communicate with the customer and the Product team ー being a customer voice in decision meetings
- Handle support queue tickets with emphasis on unblocking and teaching while managing SLA expectations and protocol
- Manage projects that improve upon the quality of our team and organization
- Manage member discounts
- Help to answer Coda Community questions to keep our community a place of shared learning
- Commit to updating internal FAQ's and documentation
- Hop on video calls when working with enterprise makers
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- You have 2+ years of relevant experience
- You can debug issues and and escalate when needed - both for issues and patterns of issuesAnalyze trends and look for ways to improve the product and insights to minimize reactive supportFamiliarity with customer service tools such as Intercom, Zendesk, HelpScout, or Freshdesk
- Have a healthy knowledge of Coda or other tools like Coda
- We are hiring for Eastern timezone coverage, we cannot take other timezone preferences at this time. Working hours will be 9am-5pm EST
How we care for our Codans!
We are committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. Check out our compensation philosophy. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as the role's scope and complexity, and your experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided: $60,000 - $100,000. This role is eligible for remote work anywhere within the United States.
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers many benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is important to our success as a company, and we recruit, develop and retain the most experienced people from a diverse candidate pool.