Senior QA Engineer
Clear Ballot Group, Inc.
Our nation’s elections are being challenged like never before, and the elections industry has historically stifled innovation to improve voting technology. As the first newcomer in the industry in the last 30 years, Clear Ballot rises to the challenge with a simple goal: Let’s create technology that empowers our customers to improve democracy.
Elections are the cornerstone of our democracy, with the right to vote being one of our greatest freedoms. While most Americans across the country watch and read about elections, Clear Ballot lives them. Great elections require secure and reliable tabulation equipment, full transparency of the process in which ballots are created and cast, and the ability to audit the results. Our mission is to surpass those expectations in a way that will raise the bar for the entire election technology industry.
At Clear Ballot, we view collaboration as one of our main drivers for success and we encourage all of our employees to share their thoughts and ideas to help both turn our bold vision into a reality and to make Clear Ballot a great place to work.
Clear Ballot is seeking a Senior/Lead QA Engineer to help ensure the quality of our ClearVote and VerifyNow products. This position requires in-person work from our Nashua, New Hampshire office with flexibility for occasional WFH days.
Please note that this position is not remote.
We conduct comprehensive testing of the entire voting workflow, which includes our software, voting machine hardware, and consumer off-the-shelf hardware. We are in search of a seasoned QA professional at a senior or lead level who can adopt a holistic view of a feature or system, developing test strategies, plans, and cases. Our testing scope encompasses five primary software products and several in-house manufactured precinct voting machines.
- Interpret requirements and translate them into comprehensive test sets
- Develop a test strategy and formulate test plans and cases for end-to-end scenarios
- Mentor junior QA staff on testing strategies and test case development
- Perform manual testing as required, including the intersection with consumer-off-the-shelf hardware
- Install and configure servers; install software on voting machines
- Create complex data sets for testing
- Ensure that our certified products meet all federal and state requirements and that non-certified products meet high standards of both quality and usability.
- Validate technical documentation to ensure compliance with system requirement specifications and applicable regulations
- Communicate bugs, issues, and enhancement requests, and document them in Jira.
- Provide occasional election day product support for customers, either on-site or by participating in our network operations center
- Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of quality assurance best practices gained through 5+ years of hands-on experience in QA roles
- Experience defining, managing, and executing test cases and test plans for complex systems
- Solid English writing skills including the ability to document test cases that will be read by third-party organizations
- Experience with back-end testing, basic SQL, basic bash, reading logs.
- Able to lift 30 pounds on occasion
- A passion for finding bugs and tricky edge cases, a problem-solver’s mentality, and a desire to take ownership of the quality of your products
- Experience testing firmware and embedded systems
- Experience in JIRA, TestFlo, Zephyr
- Knowledge of Shell scripting, PowerShell, API testing (Postman, etc).
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Our talented team and driven investors share a passion for solving problems and restoring confidence in America’s democratic process. We are looking for energetic professionals to join us in this mission.
Take a minute and ask yourself this question: Do you care about increasing transparency in elections, defending a fair democratic process, and innovating for public good?
If the answer is a resounding "YES!", we want you to join our team.