Sales Development Representative
What we do
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will focus on driving Civis Analytics’ development. As a SDR, you will focus on generating new business opportunities for Civis by identifying, contacting, and qualifying potential customers. Through researching prospect lists, messaging, and meeting those prospective buyers, you’ll help our sales and marketing teams manage leads through the sales pipeline.
- Produce a high volume of quality outbound touchpoints to prospects with the goal of driving awareness toward what problems Civis Platform can solve through data for nonprofit organizations
- Identify, initiate, and nurture relationships with prospects using a combination of phone, email, and social media
- Qualifying leads to ensure that they meet all the requirements we are looking for in customers, and scheduling them with an Account Executive to continue the sales process
- Conducting market research to prospect and identify new potential clients, partnering with Account Executives to establish strategies for prospecting
- Developing new ways to increase awareness of Civis Analytics while evolving and improving the lead qualification process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and outreach campaigns concurrently and meet deadlines
- Take ownership of the complete end-to-end process for events and webinars, ensuring seamless coordination and execution from inception to conclusion.
- Maintaining accurate information on prospects and interaction activities in Salesforce
- 1-2 years relevant work experience with volume based business development
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Knowledgeable working experience with sales enablement, prospecting, and marketing tools including: Salesforce, Pardot, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Outreach.io
- Strong organization and project management skills
- High level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- Self-starter and problem-solver with a willingness to learn and grow
- Comfortable solving ambiguous problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure
- Effective problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Comfort leading outreach and holding introductory conversations with senior nonprofit decision-makers
- US work authorization
- All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review.
- 1-2+ years of sales-related or client-facing experience and/or experience with qualitative/quantitative research, data analytics or open-source software
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- Salary: $55,000 + variable (a cost of living adjustment may be added for qualifying locations)
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.