Customer Success Manager
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Ensuring our customers thrive is fundamental to Citrine’s success. As a Customer Success Manager, your role is pivotal in orchestrating the customer journey and demonstrating the value provided by the Citrine platform to our valued customers.
About Citrine Informatics
At Citrine, we’re using generative Artificial Intelligence to enable our customers to usher in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We’re the leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our no-code SaaS platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to domain-specific data management and AI tools. Our models propose new ways to combine ingredients and processes that are most likely to outperform, helping companies discover and deploy innovative, sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches.
Citrine regularly wins awards for innovation and sustainability, earning spots on the CB Insights AI 100 list and the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the US. Our customers include leading organizations such as LyondellBasell, Braskem, Grace, Synthomer, and Syensqo. We also collaborate with researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences.
Our team is ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, driven by our sustainability mission, and eager to grow and learn from each other. We’re headquartered in California, with team members throughout North America and Europe. We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for the best to join us!
About the Role
Ensuring our customers thrive is fundamental to Citrine’s success. As a Customer Success Manager, your role is pivotal in orchestrating the customer journey and demonstrating the value provided by the Citrine platform to our valued customers. Citrine continues to scale the Citrine Platform to a number of customers across the chemicals and materials space; cultivating strong partnerships, gathering extensive product feedback, and rolling out the platform to entire data science, R&D, and product development organizations. As a key member of the Commercial team, the Customer Success Manager will manage customer relationships and be responsible for orchestrating the customer journey via best practice implementation and value capture. Your work will include daily interactions and collaboration with the data scientists, data engineers, and sales reps working with your assigned customers and serve as a liaison between the internal product development teams and the customer. You are a proactive people person with a positive attitude and unrelenting professionalism. You navigate seamlessly between interactions with customers, internal team members, and executives, and you know how to leverage project teams to ensure that your customers receive the best possible experience. You will be responsible for ensuring the post-sale success and satisfaction of Citrine customers.
- Manage the customer-facing experience from contract kickoff to renewal/upsell
- Plan for, document, and track the value provided by the Citrine Platform to your group of customers
- Collaborate with internal teams to build a best-in-class customer experience and satisfaction
- Oversee all interactions and communication with the customer, ensuring delivery against all project milestones and advancing customer value realization, satisfaction, and platform engagement
- Uncover and understand any risks that threaten customer’s platform adoption, satisfaction, or renewal; conceive and execute mitigation plans for all risks
- Create trust-based relationships with customers, from junior-level through executives, to gather feedback and ensure customer value alignment
- Manage engagement associates across several joint projects
- Structure, develop, and present on-target business analyses to highlight Citrine’s value propositions
- Educate customers on updated features, capabilities, and new product offerings
- Act as the liaison between product management and the customer with a focus on feature collaboration and communicating the Citrine Platform roadmap
- Identify and leverage company-wide resources to address customer satisfaction, growth, renewal, risk, and opportunity
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of customer success enterprise SaaS experience; or other highly related experience
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience, in a scientific or technical field such as statistics or CS
- Superb communication and presentation skills -- demonstrated experience presenting to senior executives and ability to seamlessly transition between conversations with execs, technical leadership, and scientists
- Demonstrated experience building trust-based relationships with clients/customers to advance strategic goals
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, technical projects and teams to outstanding results
- Ability to develop and drive a high-level strategic engagement roadmap
- Ability to take lessons from one-off situations or interactions, understand their relevance to the bigger picture, and establish general best practices
- Ability to structure and execute business analyses to support customer value
- Deep understanding of AI-based SaaS / PaaS business models
- Ability to travel to customer sites ~30-50%
- Background in Industrials (i.e., Ag/Chemicals, Materials, Energy, Advanced Industrials/OEMS)
- Previous success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a rapidly growing company
- Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification listed. Citrine Informatics is invested in creating a diverse, authentic, and inclusive team, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with what you read above, please consider applying anyways!
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
- We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
- We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible -- starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range(s) listed below reflect the level(s) we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range(s) will depend on how your experience and skills align to our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process.
$100,000 USD - $125,000 USD
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.
Citrine is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or inform your recruiter if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
Benefits (for full-time US-based positions)
4 different medical benefit plan options
Dental, Vision, FSA, and HSA plans
4% 401k company match
Personal financial advisor and basic free legal guidance
$5,000 annual continuing education budget
$600 equipment budget
Unlimited PTO and 15 holidays
12 weeks of paid parental leave
Company-sponsored personal development courses
Mentoring Program (internal and external)
Monthly DE&I events
Swag, parties, entertainment budget
FLEX hours and location