Manufacturing Robot Wrangler
Goodyear, AZ, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Chef Robotics is on a mission to accelerate the advent of intelligent machines in the physical world. As the rise of LLMs like ChatGPT has shown, AI has the potential to drive immense change. However, we believe AI’s biggest impact will be in the physical world, given industries like manufacturing, food, and transportation represent 90% of global GDP. We're starting with food, with a goal to put an intelligent robot in every commercial kitchen in the world. We have signed multiple multi-year contracts with various large food companies and we are growing fast. We're backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Construct, Bloomberg BETA and Promus Ventures. We have a great team, where you will be surrounded by talented engineers and tech leaders from companies like Cruise, Zoox, Google, Verb Surgical, Tesla, Nuro, Vicarious, Amazon Robotics, Strateos, Built Robotics, Facebook, Plenty, Yelp, and Microsoft.
Chef’s robots are used in food manufacturing. The robots move ingredients from bins into food trays like you might see in your supermarket's frozen food aisle, or fresh salads in the deli section or delivered to your home by a meal delivery company.
A Robot Wrangler primarily works on the food assembly lines of Chef’s customers. The job is at the customer site assisting the customer manufacturing supervisors and operators to use robots effectively in their day to day manufacturing. This involves coordinating their manufacturing plans with the robot set up and helping the customer’s team to understand how to efficiently run the robots to maximize production. The role includes constant training and reinforcement so that the customer learns to operate effectively. At times the customer your help moving, setting up and operating the robots.
Essential duties and responsibilities include
• Coordinate onsite schedule of robots and customer’s manufacturing plans
• Assisting the customers assembly line leaders to plan for use of the robots
• Working with line supervisors to move robots to the line
• Configuring robots to run a specific ingredient and meal
• Setting up and running the robots
• Being an on-site resource for troubleshooting and simple repairs
• Coordinate and execute inspection, maintenance, and repair tasks on robots in the field.
• Train customers on operation and maintenance.
• Recognize, communicate, and properly document product issues, complaints and improvements.
• Escalate problems, when needed, to appropriate resource(s) for solutions.
Experience in a manufacturing environment is needed to understand our customers' concerns and operations, you have spent at least 3 years in a manufacturing support role. To be effective you will need excellent interpersonal communications skills with the ability to handle high stakes, high pressure customer interactions in a professional and engaging manner. You know how to manage your time, are self-driven, capable of figuring out what needs to be done, scheduling, and executing to customer needs.
• At least 3 years in a manufacturing support role
• Availability to work a flexible schedule to support customer schedule, including some weekends, nights, and on-call hours.
• Nice to have Spanish language working proficiency.
• Nice to have experience in manufacturing automation.
• Prefer an associates degree in a related major.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to document tasks performed according to SOPs and documenting problems or failures in the product, process or equipment.
• Basic computer skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, age, pregnancy status, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Chef values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!