Senior Software Engineer (remote)
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Join us as we disrupt an age-old industry!
Cents is changing the laundry industry forever, and if you're passionate about solving problems and building solutions ... welcome to the disruption. Our team of rockstar engineers and developers solve customer challenges every day, even challenges they never realized they had.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to drive architectural planning, refactoring our current codebase, and laying the groundwork for the Cents Accelerate initiative. The ideal candidate will have leadership experience or aspirations to grow, as this role will be eligible for promotion to an Engineering Lead role.
This is a remote role, preferably on the West Coast.
- Working closely with engineering leadership, product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to ensure that all solutions meet business requirements and are delivered on time.
- Architectural thinking and refactoring of the current codebase to optimize for scalability, reliability, and maintainability.
- Bringing an enterprise mindset regarding security, reliability, monitoring, and architecture to ensure solutions are robust and scalable.
- Responsible for the overall quality of the code, including code quality, unit testing, and integration testing.
- Investigating and resolving issues with our applications and supporting end-users when required.
- Collaborating with other team members to design and implement new features and functionality.
- Mentoring junior team members to ensure they can develop high-quality software solutions.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and industry trends to ensure that our offering remains competitive.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in full-stack software development, emphasizing front-end development in ReactJS.
- Strong experience working with TypeScript and microservices.
- Experience with architectural thinking and refactoring of complex codebases.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- An enterprise mindset regarding security, reliability, monitoring, and architecture.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies.
There’s a laundry list of reasons why we love Cents!
We are a remote-first company that invests in our people. We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
Sound too good to be true? Learn more about us at trycents.com and check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our employees love about Cents.
See more open positions at Cents
Something looks off?