Senior Software Engineer (Java - Spring)
CCX is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team and lead the development of our software products. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software solutions using Java, Spring, Postgres, Hibernate, JUnit, and the Spring Testing Framework. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of software development principles, as well as experience leading and mentoring other developers.
This position can be remote, though will occasionally require travel to our office near Washinton DC or to meet with other team members in California.
● Design, develop, and maintain complex software applications using Java, Spring, Postgres, Hibernate
● Create and maintain unit and integration tests leveraging the Spring Testing Framework
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, QA, and front-end development teams, to gather and analyze requirements, develop technical specifications, and develop software solutions
● Participate in the development and maintenance of our cloud infrastructure on AWS
● Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, adherence to standards, and identify areas for improvement
● Some travel may be required to work collaboratively with other team members or attend industry events
● Lead and mentor other software engineers to ensure the successful completion of projects
● Ensure software code quality by adhering to established coding standards, testing methodologies, and software security best practices
● Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in software development, and provide recommendations for improvements to existing systems and processes
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
● At least 7 years of experience in software development using Java, Spring, Postgres, Hibernate, JUnit, and the Spring Testing Framework
● Experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
● Strong understanding of software development principles and best practices, including agile methodologies, code reviews, and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD)
● Experience leading and mentoring other software engineers
● Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to quickly identify and resolve software defects
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a remote team environment
If you are a Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in Java, Spring, Postgres, Hibernate, JUnit, and the Spring Testing Framework, and you are looking for an exciting new challenge in a remote environment that involves some travel, code reviews, and collaborating with other teams, we encourage you to apply for this position.
CCX is a software company building and deploying the tech stack for pharmaceutical market access. CCX is based in Switzerland and Boston with offices in New York, Washington DC, San Diego, and Armenia. PharmaCCX is backed by leading investors including Accel.
● We provide employees with Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (free for employees and low cost for families)
● You are eligible to participate in our 401k plan and we provide you with AD&D insurance and you can add your own supplemental life insurance
● Detailed Information on our benefits can be found at this link.
● We offer unlimited paid time off
● We offer 12 weeks of Parental Leave (whether you are the primary or secondary caregiver and whether through adoption or birth)
CCX is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate and will not tolerate discrimination by any of our employees. Employment will be based on merit, qualifications, competence, performance, and business needs.