Administrative Tax Associate
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two million people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Problems You'll Solve
At Carta, our employees set out on a mission to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places. We believe that the problems we solve today unlock the opportunities of tomorrow. As an Administrative Tax Associate, you’ll work to:
- Turning professional services into products is challenging: how do you productize workflows so that we can deliver the fastest tax solutions with perfect accuracy?
- We are at the intersection of finance, tax and technology: how do we build a tax engine that will make tax filings feel as simple as ordering a book online?
- We automate investment structures in venture capital: how can you help scale post-deal processes so that each container is as seamless and fun to use as the last one created?
The Team You'll Work With
You’ll be joining Carta’s Tax team as a Tax Administrator, assisting in delivering tax returns and supporting the delivery process.
Your clients are the most talented venture capitalists, fund managers and dealmakers in the world. You will help them realize their ambitions of supporting the companies of tomorrow through our next-gen investment stack (including legals, vehicle formation, banking, investor onboarding and much more).
You will also be collaborating with our wider Carta accounting, fund administration and compliance teams on relevant tax issues that relate to Carta’s products and services.
Must have experience supporting the preparation and filing of tax returns and IRS e-filings. Some of the responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist with tax return processing including e-filing and mailing of federal and state filings, as applicable.
- Scan and file federal and state notices as received and maintain notice tracker.
- Assist with routing tax-related client inquiries to the relevant federal, state or international tax team members.
- Collect and validate relevant tax records and financial data via proprietary Carta Tax software to facilitate the preparations and reviews of tax returns.
- Support special projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Provide administrative support to tax team leaders.
- Experience with income tax filing software such as GoSystems Tax RS, but not required.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
$74,970.00 - $88,200.00 in Seattle, WA
$83,300.00 - $98,000.00 in Santa Clara, CA; San Francisco, CA & New York City, NY
We are hiring for multiple levels and locations, so final offers may vary from the amounts listed based on geography, experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.