Mid Market Account Executive, Alternative Assets
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two million people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
The mid market business “MM” segment is a strategic role on the Alternative Assets sales team and offers the potential to contribute to Carta’s success with tremendous upside for the entrepreneurial individual looking for a challenge while also selling complex deals. Our team is defining a Go-To-Market strategy for a new product, the team is entering new industries, gathering product feedback, we are a collaborative group that is nimble and able to make changes in order to increase sales velocity.
The Problems You’ll Solve
This role is built to accelerate adoption of the Carta platform for companies in the Alternative Asset space (i.e. Real Estate, Energy and RIAs) and LLCs. As a small, scrappy startup within a startup, the MM AE will be contributing to the Alternative Assets team success on day one, while helping build the future of Carta.
- Develop a comprehensive sales strategy and sales plan that ensures consistent achievement of quota attainment
- Drive revenue through strategic outbound prospecting
- Understand customer needs and requirements and surface those findings back to Carta
All MM AEs receive training on Carta software, private market finance, and equity administration along with ongoing training in consultative sales, client management, negotiation and sales operations. Fundamentally, we’re looking for candidates who:
- 3-5+ years of experience in a quota carrying SaaS sales role preferred
- Experience outbound prospecting, managing a pipeline, and closing large contracts
- Experience selling into the Alternative Asset space.
- Knowledge and understanding of how RIAs, Real Estate, Energy businesses operate.
- Have Grit - you’re ambitious, driven, and fearless in the face of rejection
- Are Coachable - you have a tremendous desire to learn about the LLC & PE markets and constantly improve in a “no-ego’s” environment
- Are High EQ - you’re able to read emotional cues, understand customer needs, and are able to navigate complex conversations
- Interested in growing a flywheel within new industry verticals.
- Self-starter, humble, and adaptable to change. Excels in both personal ambition and collaborative teamwork
We are hiring for multiple levels and locations, so final offers may vary from the amounts listed based on geography, experience and expertise, and other factors.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
$193,000 OTE in San Francisco, CA
$193,000 OTE in New York, NY
$184,500 OTE in Seattle, WA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.