Sr Associate / Manager, Strategy & Business Operations
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Strategy & Business Operations team partners with product and business leaders to drive Carta’s strategy, identify opportunities for growth and investment, and drive innovation and best-in-class execution across teams to identify our path to $1bn+ in annual revenue.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Drive end-to-end strategic projects such as incubating/launching a new business or accelerating the growth of an existing business
- Develop a strategic framework to identify market growth opportunities for Carta across customer segments and geographies
- Accelerate adoption of Cap Table and Fund Administration services globally, building to $100m+ annual revenue in the next 3 years
- Act as a thought partner to business leaders and executives across the company to improve business performance & execution
The Impact You’ll Have
The Strategy & Business Operations team leads planning and delivery of key initiatives at Carta. This role will be responsible for taking the lead on high priority projects to incubate new products, scale existing businesses, and enter new geographic markets.
We're seeking someone who has…
- A learning mindset; Carta sits at the intersection of software and private markets and we move quickly to find innovative solutions to customer problems; we learn new things every day
- 4 - 8 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, corporate strategy, or business operations; 2 years of investment banking or consulting experience required
- Deep understanding of private markets & financial services; experience in enterprise software/SaaS, and/or fintech a plus
- Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to accelerate Carta’s growth
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations, especially to executives
- Superior problem-solving, presentation, and modeling skills
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for these roles are: $148,750 - $215,000 in San Francisco and NY.
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.